NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So we're looking at this for next season

Bywater

Mariappa  Tomkins  Morgan  Konchesky

Obertan Mullins Perch Savage Beagrie/Waddle (depending on TV commitments)

Parkin

I know a couple of these have had to come out of retirement but you have to understand science and tube strikes have caused issues with getting players in.

No Carlton Cole?

Nah he's starting upfront for West Ham next season in a revolutionary 3-2-5 formation with Carroll, Lacina Traore, that ex Wolves player with the massive neck and Carston Jancker.

Ronnie Gill saying up to 10 could leave.  Not enough :anguish: for this.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/10-go-newcastle-united-facing-6729795

Oh the sensationalism :lol:

We'll lose Shola, Gosling, Amalfitano, Jonas, Obertan (hopefully), Marveaux and likely Remy and Cisse.  If Pardew is still here probably Ben Arfa as well which is the one that'll hurt.  We'd need to bring in at least 4 good players.  De Jong, Cabaye replacement, Remy replacement, Ben Arfa replacement.  At least £35m, which is less then we'll have in the bank from transfer fees alone.  Anything less will be criminal

Everyone scoffing at the dross fringe players were going to lose is all well and good, they might be shite but who's going to cover for our annual injury crisis? You can bet your bottom dollar we'll hold back players like Campbell, Armstrong and Good that should be progressing on loan but will be warming our bench week in, week out.

He's gambled two transfer windows straight on not strengthening a threadbare team, chances are he'll do it again, each time more dangerous than the last, this time will be a step too far!

Everyone scoffing at the dross fringe players were going to lose is all well and good, they might be shite but who's going to cover for our annual injury crisis? You can bet your bottom dollar we'll hold back players like Campbell, Armstrong and Good that should be progressing on loan but will be warming our bench week in, week out.

He's gambled two transfer windows straight on not strengthening a threadbare team, chances are he'll do it again, each time more dangerous than the last, this time will be a step too far!

Marveaux is the only fringe player who would is of any use imo.

Dat squad:

Krul, Elliott

MYM, Santon, Colo, Willo, Saylor, Raylor, Dummett, Haidara

Anita, Tiote, Bigi, Sissoko, Sammy, Newton

Campbell, Gouffran, Armstrong

Ronnie Gill saying up to 10 could leave.  Not enough :anguish: for this.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/10-go-newcastle-united-facing-6729795

Oh the sensationalism :lol:

We'll lose Shola, Gosling, Amalfitano, Jonas, Obertan (hopefully), Marveaux and likely Remy and Cisse.  If Pardew is still here probably Ben Arfa as well which is the one that'll hurt.  We'd need to bring in at least 4 good players.  De Jong, Cabaye replacement, Remy replacement, Ben Arfa replacement.  At least £35m, which is less then we'll have in the bank from transfer fees alone.  Anything less will be criminal

LOL so you are losing 9 players according to your list and only replacing them with 4, where are the other 5 bodies coming from ? Youth team promotions ? Or was our squad too fat to begin with ? Your comment should read at least 8 signings.

Dat squad:

Krul, Elliott

Defence is fine as I am not certain Debuchy will leave.

Need a Cabaye replacement, Abeid might have stepped up (if we are including Newton) and if HBA goes we need someone in for him.

Obviously the strikers is where we are really lacking.

Dat squad:

Krul, Elliott

Defence is fine as I am not certain Debuchy will leave.

Need a Cabaye replacement, Abeid might have stepped up (if we are including Newton) and if HBA goes we need someone in for him.

Obviously the strikers is where we are really lacking.

Was just taking it from the "article" plus I think Abeid's time here is done even if he has done well in Greece.

It won't happen like, if it did though...could be exciting as we'd need to buy half a new team; would be horrifc because we wouldn't.

Proper sensationalist s*** from Lee Ryder as per but I am convinced the squad we went into this season with will be the best we'll see under Ashley.

Is it really sensationalism ? He's speculating that Debuchy and Benny could possibly leave. That's hardly surprising stuff and the others on the list are pretty good bets to go too. It's a big number and there is a lot of work do in the summer.

Ryder is certainly not the greatest jorno in the world but he's hardly sensationalising anything here, even apologists, like teasy are admitting 9 will probably leave.

Proper sensationalist shit from Lee Ryder as per but I am convinced the squad we went into this season with will be the best we'll see under Ashley.

Yeah, it's starting to hurt the media that they are still banned and now that we have lost a few games and fans aren't happy with Cabaye not being replaced they are just trying to use it to their advantage to try and turn the fans against everyone at the club.

If only he knew we never liked the owners and manager in the first place. I'm pretty sure the poll they had in sumer that they had to fix to make it look like the fans were happy would shown them that, but no apparently not.

Sensationalist or not, I am surprised by the short-term-ism displayed by the board. Investing in January would've given us a shot at finishing in the top 6 (I know, the bit they couldn't give a shit about), but it would've taken the load off the summer, big-time. I get why Ashley didn't want to spend any money given our proximity to EL qualification, but even via his backward, non-sport motivations, I think he's cocked up by leaving it all to do in the summer.

As of right now (so, assuming Pards stays and we don't do enough in the market) I think next season will be spent pretty much exclusively in the bottom half.

Sensationalist or not, I am surprised by the short-term-ism displayed by the board. Investing in January would've given us a shot at finishing in the top 6 (I know, the bit they couldn't give a s*** about), but it would've taken the load off the summer, big-time. I get why Ashley didn't want to spend any money given our proximity to EL qualification, but even via his backward, non-sport motivations, I think he's cocked up by leaving it all to do in the summer.

As of right now (so, assuming Pards stays and we don't do enough in the market) I think next season will be spent pretty much exclusively in the bottom half.

Because we will need so many players in the Summer, I thought they would have realised from last season that players need time to get used to the league and it would have been a good opportunity to integrate a couple in the remaining games so they are ready for next Summer.

If there is as big an overhaul as they are implying, regardless of the quality of the player, we could struggle purely because there will be too many players trying to adjust to a new country and a new league (assuming of course that we recruit only foreigners as usual).