NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

I still think we are being fattened up (for want of a better phrase) to be sold next summer. He'll have made enough back from the TV money at that point for his loan to be paid back and he's hoping that this campaign, we'll somehow completely fluke staying up with next to no investment.

Said it before and I'll say it again, this club has been dying a slow death since he bought it back in 2007. What will be left when he eventually fucks off though? That's anyone's guess.

was just talking about this with a lad at work, lets assume we sell debuchy this summer, maybe krul and sissoko too plus the unwanteds and we go on to post a record profit....

is he trying to set the club up as an attractive proposition to buyers in that it's profitable?  if so he'd have to be selling to someone fucking stupid 'cause they'd be buying the equivalent of the house at the end of blazing saddles that just collapse as there's nothing but a front supported by rickety pieces of wood

Me personally, I think he wants his loan back asap and he'll then seek to sell us - as a PL club but one that has been hollowed out from the inside. TV money will be the major attraction for a new buyer, but it's still going to need significant investment to rebuild after Ashley has finished with us.

I've also believed that it's personal on his part (towards us) and has been since Keegan resigned.

Even if we assumed that could happen. Be at least a month before those deals are done, maybe another month to sell(being massively generous) then who is ever going to buy a PL club who cant even fill a teamsheet in with senior players? Be amazed if all that happened before the transfer deadline

don't BG necessarily implied it all had to happen this summer like

He does as he says 'as a PL club'

If we sold even half of those and spent nowt theres no other outcome in 12 months

Guest Roger Kint

I still think we are being fattened up (for want of a better phrase) to be sold next summer. He'll have made enough back from the TV money at that point for his loan to be paid back and he's hoping that this campaign, we'll somehow completely fluke staying up with next to no investment.

Said it before and I'll say it again, this club has been dying a slow death since he bought it back in 2007. What will be left when he eventually f***s off though? That's anyone's guess.

was just talking about this with a lad at work, lets assume we sell debuchy this summer, maybe krul and sissoko too plus the unwanteds and we go on to post a record profit....

is he trying to set the club up as an attractive proposition to buyers in that it's profitable?  if so he'd have to be selling to someone f***ing stupid 'cause they'd be buying the equivalent of the house at the end of blazing saddles that just collapse as there's nothing but a front supported by rickety pieces of wood

Me personally, I think he wants his loan back asap and he'll then seek to sell us - as a PL club but one that has been hollowed out from the inside. TV money will be the major attraction for a new buyer, but it's still going to need significant investment to rebuild after Ashley has finished with us.

I've also believed that it's personal on his part (towards us) and has been since Keegan resigned.

The club is a shell, it needs it's debts to him gone before anyone will come near.

That debt isn't going anywhere imo,

It's his leverage for the free advertising.

Going to be sitting with £100m in the bank by next summer if it doesnt go against the debt

I'm not sure him staying in charge long term is an option, because the club has become a toxic brand in it's own city. Totally alienate the support and you have nout left. I can't see many still wanting to go and see us humped off Man United and Arsenal, season after season.

unless this manifests itself in either empty seats or outright hostility on the cardiff scale then none of it will matter tbh

Guest chopey

It's definitely personal, put yourself in his shoes, we all hate him so he doesn't come anymore so he sees us as a cash cow.

if any one of us inherited say Plymouth off a rich uncle, would we give a shit if they were any good so long as they made us money and with a board and manager in place that will do literally anything we say, why change the only thing that will get rid is to stop going and deface the name of sports direct

Said it before and I'll say it again, this club has been dying a slow death since he bought it back in 2007. What will be left when he eventually f***s off though? That's anyone's guess.

is he trying to set the club up as an attractive proposition to buyers in that it's profitable?  if so he'd have to be selling to someone f***ing stupid 'cause they'd be buying the equivalent of the house at the end of blazing saddles that just collapse as there's nothing but a front supported by rickety pieces of wood

The club is a shell, it needs it's debts to him gone before anyone will come near.

Going to be sitting with £100m in the bank by next summer if it doesnt go against the debt

Sure why not, healthy cash reserves for future investments into the playing squad and infrastructure

Sure why not, healthy cash reserves for future investments into the playing squad and infrastructure

I'd also imagine a profit of around £50+ million next March, will be taxable?

I'd also imagine a profit of around £50+ million next March, will be taxable?

As we have all seen with Vodafone Starbucks et al, they have ways around such small inconveniences

Yup, and why he's going nowhere.

If he came out and said I'm selling players and buying replacements on the cheap to repay the money owed, once that's done the club is up for sale I'd welcome every bid for every player and we spent fuck all every window to know he's gone.

Guest Roger Kint

It's definitely personal, put yourself in his shoes, we all hate him so he doesn't come anymore so he sees us as a cash cow.

if any one of us inherited say Plymouth off a rich uncle, would we give a shit if they were any good so long as they made us money and with a board and manager in place that will do literally anything we say, why change the only thing that will get rid is to stop going and deface the name of sports direct

Didnt he only miss one game(Cardiff) last season? Pretty sure he was at majority of them like. He doesnt care what we think, hes a businessman we are throwing cash at him so can say what we want in his eyes

His main interest is doing spectacularly well, the club is ticking along nicely with a skeleton staff, SD is getting fantastic exposure for literally no cost and the proles aren't even protesting against him.

Where's the incentive to sell?

Yup, and why he's going nowhere.

If he came out and said I'm selling players and buying replacements on the cheap to repay the money owed, once that's done the club is up for sale I'd welcome every bid for every player and we spent f*** all every window to know he's gone.

Yup couldn't agree more

His main interest is doing spectacularly well, the club is ticking along nicely with a skeleton staff, SD is getting fantastic exposure for literally no cost and the proles aren't even protesting against him.

Because his brand won't look so good in the championship, which is where we are currently heading.

Because his brand won't look so good in the championship, which is where we are currently heading.

Finished top half last time out without having to sign a single player or change manager. That's all he'll be looking at.

Finished top half last time out without having to sign a single player or change manager. That's all he'll be looking at.

If he believes that again for next season, then he's off his fucking nut.

Guest Roger Kint

Exactly

Guest Roger Kint

we are throwing cash at him so can say what we want in his eyes

it's going to be a long time before the majority walk away from handing him cash like, unfortunately

True and he knows it all too well.

He tried to sell us last time. There's one/another reason.

That was the summer before we went down

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/8075713.stm

Interesting quotes too. Might well be hearing them again quite soon.

If you really believe that £80m included the £140m loan(at the time) then theres no point :lol:

He still publicly put us up for sale, which is the point.

I haven't looked into it deeply but I've not seen any mention of the loan being included in any of the reports from the time. £80-100 million is the number.

Ashley doesn't seem to sell businesses.  He buys them then absorbs them, he does buy and sell shares tho.  I think NUC is now well and truely absorbed into his bigger business.

Guest Roger Kint

If you really believe that £80m included the £140m loan(at the time) then theres no point :lol:

I haven't looked into it deeply but I've not seen any mention of the loan being included in any of the reports from the time. £80-100 million is the number.

Its always been up for sale 'at the right price' that will never change. Of course it wasnt mentioned, he isnt going to say it to the press is he? You genuinely think that not one person in the world wouldnt have bought us 'all in' for £80m? :lol:

Its always been up for sale 'at the right price' that will never change. Of course it wasnt mentioned, he isnt going to say it to the press is he? You genuinely think that not one person in the world wouldnt have bought us 'all in' for £80m? :lol:

It would certainly be mentioned in the press if it was indeed nearly 3 times the £80 million :lol: All the other numbers came to light but not this incredibly important one?

I can't believe Mike Ashley wants NUFC to be relegated as that will mean no more TV money and his asset (NUFC) would be worth dramatically less. I do believe he is happy to do the bare minimum to ensure NUFC stay in the Premiership. He also likes to take risks so his idea of the bare minimum probably isn't the same as ours. Based on our squad as it is now we are going to be fighting relegation. There are next to no goal scorers in the team. Goal scorers are the most expensive players to buy. NUFC will probably try to loan some fire power from the likes of Chelsea.

Ashley doesn't seem to sell businesses.  He buys them then absorbs them, he does buy and sell shares tho.  I think NUC is now well and truely absorbed into his bigger business.

The eater of souls, the Shang Tsung of business management.