NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well, we are one of the poorest clubs in the league.  In our dire financial situation loans and a few cheap punts with a star or two out the door to balance the books is all we can expect.

Zaha would be a great signing,  if we had a coach who could focus his strengths. Instead of giving him the freedom to express himself, Pardew would just spend all his time coaching him on how to track back.

Within a year, Zaha has gone from a big signing for Man U and an England international, to someone who struggles to get a game for Cardiff. He has seriously lost his way and I wouldn't take the chance on him.

My feeling is that he's a good athlete who was very effective in the Championship but whose technical limitations have been exposed in the Premiership. I don't think it's a matter of him 'recovering form'. I think he needs to put in a lot of work on his game.

Within a year, Zaha has gone from a big signing for Man U and an England international, to someone who struggles to get a game for Cardiff. He has seriously lost his way and I wouldn't take the chance on him.

My feeling is that he's a good athlete who was very effective in the Championship but whose technical limitations have been exposed in the Premiership. I don't think it's a matter of him 'recovering form'. I think he needs to put in a lot of work on his game.

I don't remember much of Tom Ince when he stepped up either.

Guest bimpy474

Do those FM-type transfers. Low fee with a hefty add-on after he has played 100 games. Then sell him after 99 games.

I think they're more to do with things like, qualifying for the Europa/Champions League, winning cups etc. Adding on a couple of million, like i said seeing as we have no intention of doing any of that, getting a deal set up like that would be brilliantly piss taking.

Do those FM-type transfers. Low fee with a hefty add-on after he has played 100 games. Then sell him after 99 games.

:lol: Or after 10 international caps, and you manage the nation he plays for and you have zero intention of selecting him.

Cabella has just tweeted a picture of him jetting off on holiday, so that's our excuse for the next 1-2 weeks.

Unless it is Whitley Bay of course. Can't see this one happening at all due to our past history with Montpellier and the fact that we won't spend the money they want.

Guest bimpy474

He wants to come, Montpellier want a decent price, we won't pay it. He won't sign as we're unreasonable, which is so dumb because sometimes you need to pay a little more to get that special player. Why do that when your aim is to just survive, that's why it's last year contracted players all the way.

why do that? --> keeping up appearances

And the worst part, a good majority of our fans see that as us trying and showing ambition to get better players/compete with top clubs etc.. and to be fair on the flipside the rest of the fans are now so skeptical whether the interest would be genuine or not.

Guest bimpy474

why do that? --> keeping up appearances

And the worst part, a good majority of our fans see that as us trying and showing ambition to get better players/compete with top clubs etc..

Aye, surely they realise less and less are buying that crap now though. The tried stuff is beyond a joke now.

Yeah.. but while there are still people ready to pick up the season ticket space for those that have left there will be no change. Short sighted in the least because when that time happens, the hierarchy are going to have to pull a rabbit out of their ass to convince the jaded things can change and that they should come back and put more money into the club.

On a transfer related note.. Ashley Young tenuously linked.. yuck, rather have Zaha :o

Far too many fans WANT to believe the club is 'trying' to sign good players because to acknowledge that it won't pay the market rate for such players means that they look fools for parting with their money on STs - which they are.