NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Have McClaren said what kind of character they are looking for? When I first heard him, I thought he meant people that wants to win and that give 100% no matter what, compared to what we saw last season when our lot barely bothered after we went a goal down. I don't think he cares if they are a bad apples or not, as long as they are professional and give everything for the team. That's how I interpreted it.

I remember reading somewhere when he talked about character, saying that he wants player who always look for the ball and want it instead of hiding.

Have McClaren said what kind of character they are looking for? When I first heard him, I thought he meant people that wants to win and that give 100% no matter what, compared to what we saw last season when our lot barely bothered after we went a goal down. I don't think he cares if they are a bad apples or not, as long as they are professional and give everything for the team. That's how I interpreted it.

I remember reading somewhere when he talked about character, saying that he wants player who always look for the ball and want it instead of hiding.

Yes, I read that too.  :thup:

we've got loads of boring cunts in the squad with no personalities that were happy to sit and take a wage under pardew/carver while singing their praises

if that's not the type of character mclaren is after then i'm fine with it, ecstatic in fact

Leicester City, Newcastle United, West Bromwich Albion and West Ham United are all interested in Sporting Lisbon forward Islam Slimani, according to Sky Sports. Swansea City have previously been linked with the player.

The striker is said to be keen on a move to the Premier League and Leicester City, Newcastle United, Swansea City, West Bromwich Albion and West Ham United are all looking to bring the Algerian to England.

Sporting Lisbon are demanding at least £7 million for their star forward, however a bidding war may see this rise, resulting in the 27-year old being sold to the highest bidder.

"There’s always been a plan in place, always.

“Whether I was here or anybody else, there was a plan.

“I’ve seen that plan and probably adjusted it a little bit, but more or less stuck to the plan.

“We can all sit down and know what the plan is. It’s a good plan. You can’t keep everybody.

“I always say ‘we’re in here, and eventually we’ll go out of there’.

“But while we’re here, we’ll work damn hard for the football club.

“That’s the case with staff, players – everybody.”

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/steve-mcclaren-and-newcastle-planning-for-departures-this-summer-1-7358791

Interesting comments. Suggests planning to sell certain players to buy perhaps?

It's not quite "the clause is there" levels of defeatism, but frustrating to read nonetheless.

Only player I'd be bothered about losing is Janmaat, and it doesn't seem like he's going anywhere just yet. Sissoko would be a bit of a blow, but I've resigned myself to him going for quite some time now, and I don't think he'd get in my preferred XI anyway. Obviously we need a squad and I'd rather get rid of a couple of our shit midfielders instead of him like.

If it's true about wanting the signings in prior to letting anyone go that would suggest one of Sissoko, Cisse perhaps tiote out?  Think the likes of Abeid, Marv will be shifted, perhaps one or two more away on loan.

Really hope they don't put a dampener on what may well be a decent window with an 11th hour sale of Sissoko for instance.

It's not quite "the clause is there" levels of defeatism, but frustrating to read nonetheless.

Only player I'd be bothered about losing is Janmaat, and it doesn't seem like he's going anywhere just yet. Sissoko would be a bit of a blow, but I've resigned myself to him going for quite some time now, and I don't think he'd get in my preferred XI anyway. Obviously we need a squad and I'd rather get rid of a couple of our shit midfielders instead of him like.

Perez?  Not that he looks like going anywhere.  But he's the player I'd least like to lose.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/13418166.Newcastle_to_make_move_for_Matip_as_alternative_defensive_target_is_set_to_go_elsewhere/

With Mike Williamson expected to leave Tyneside this summer, and doubts over the future of Fabricio Coloccini as Steve McClaren ponders whether to strip the Argentinian of the captain’s armband, the Magpies are determined to sign a proven centre-half this summer.

NEWCASTLE will make Schalke centre-half Joel Matip their leading defensive target this summer after accepting they will struggle to pull off a deal for Monaco’s Aymen Abdennour.