NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Richards coming from Man City would probably still want silly money and a huge signing on fee. And as others have said, I'm just not sure he has the brain to be a consistent top level footballer.

Thankfully we're not really a consistent top level side and he can't be much worse than Willo. Would have preferred we didn't bin off two decent defenders to Serie A last year tbh.

So the local rag that wasn't invited to the interviews yesterday know how much the club will spend? Nonsense. We'll spend no where near that amount of money. What's the max we've ever spent in a window? About 25M?

Richards is just Steven Taylor man. The lads 27 this month, has barely played football to any consistent level and is a moron. He's not a kid anymore who might get better.

I think we might lose Janmaat. That's 2 right backs we've been linked with this week.

It could just be paper talk but he's probably our most saleable asset right now.

Not sure Richards is necessarily the answer (mainly due to his wages and injury issues) but I think people are severely underrating his ability.  He did play 29 league games when City won the league in 11/12.

I can't stand the thought of another season of Mike Williamson in the first team or f***ing Colo for that matter.

We've needed a commanding CB or two for the last 6-7 seasons and nothing has been done about it.  We can sign as many strikers, wingers and midfielders as you like but until our defence is sorted out it's a waste of time and money.

Not sure Richards is necessarily the answer (mainly due to his wages and injury issues) but I think people are severely underrating his ability.  He did play 29 league games when City won the league in 11/12.

Richards is streets ahead of Taylor man. Two simple things alone that already make him far better are his pace and strength.

His pace is key, as we severely lack that quality in our back line, as it's always a very useful attribute to have, as far as being able to make up ground when in a bit of trouble.

He also has genuine strength, as he does not fall over anywhere as much as Taylor does despite his physique, but in fact will bully people far more.

It will be a bit of a gamble due to his injuries, but we seem to be getting a genuine quality guy in Steve Black, as far as that is concerned. Richards could be good signing IMO. He did look really good for City sometimes, and could just od with more consistent playing time.

Guest Roger Kint

Worth it on a pay-as-you-play contract. Vlaar and Diaby on the same basis too.

Diaby would never make a penny. Would rather spend money on Vlaar than Richards although his being almost dead means we clearly wouldnt be interested. Cants ee Vlaar wanting to come anyway if hes turning down better contracts at Villa

Michiel Jongsma ‏@JongsmaJongsma  52s52 seconds ago

Algemeen Dagblad report that Bas Dost has had talks with Newcastle United boss Steve McClaren over a transfer, other PL clubs interested.

Michiel Jongsma ‏@JongsmaJongsma  52s52 seconds ago

Algemeen Dagblad report that Bas Dost has had talks with Newcastle United boss Steve McClaren over a transfer, other PL clubs interested.

Sorry what???