NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Funny that cos I remember Park having a stormer against Chelsea in the quarters and Gibson, Anderson and Giggs tearing Schalke apart over two legs in the semis. Don't remember anything Carrick did. In fact, not sure I can remember him doing anything memorable ever.

If you can't remember spectacular goals, I'm not going to expect you to remember very good controlling-the-midfield performances, a week or a decade ago.

Actually, saying that, I do remember Carrick falling on his arse and handing the ball straight to Yaya Toure at Wembley. Best to give him his dues there.

Controlling the midfield :lol: Man Utd have been shite since Scholes retired and they had to rely on Carrick being their best midfielder. They even brought him back out of retirement again in desperation.

Actually, saying that, I do remember Carrick falling on his arse and handing the ball straight to Yaya Toure at Wembley. Best to give him his dues there.

Controlling the midfield :lol: Man Utd have been s**** since Scholes retired and they had to rely on Carrick being their best midfielder. They even brought him back out of retirement again in desperation.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: No other factors involved like  :anguish:

:lol: Butt better than Carrick.

Carrick is one of the best passers England has had in years. If only the young players coming through had the same intelligence on the pitch.

Sadly, he's too old now.

Never quite been able to make my mind up about Carrick. I think the point made before - that playing for Man U and playing for us are different challenges - is very valid and the player might get found out.

If it's true, it's an interesting departure from the usual policy of avoiding players at the end of their careers. That always needed a bit of flexibility.

I wonder whether Carrick might fancy the move. It's a chance, at the end of his career, to play for his hometown club, and if he feels that we're about to make some progress, you can see the attraction. And with the arrival of Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger, his chances are going to be limited at Man U.

Guest reefatoon

Oh Mario Lemina. Come on guys lets make a thread for him so we can all spend days making up songs for him. It willl be the coolest hehe