NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

f***ing predictable and embarrassing. Again. Will be the same story in the summer.

More money he keeps the quicker our loan to him is gone and he has no reason to stay

No - the more money he keeps ............... the more reason he has to stay and keep taking out.

If there is money coming in, then the only incentive to get out is if there is a better/more lucrative place to invest his money.

:lol: I never would have guessed Stoke spent that much. Is that accurate?

That would just be £18,235m / season.  They haven't really had anyone to sell (they haven't really bought anyone with market value for the future, like us) and they only got promoted 2008. They have done enough to stay in the league for five seasons and that is pretty much the cost of it.

Ashely won't sell a profit-making club that's generating lots of cash for him. That's crazy talk.

Some people really need to think things through properly before pressing the "post" button.

Not being sarcy or anything but is the club generating lots of cash for him? Or to put it another way has he got his money back yet?

Ashely won't sell a profit-making club that's generating lots of cash for him. That's crazy talk.

Some people really need to think things through properly before pressing the "post" button.

Not being sarcy or anything but is the club generating lots of cash for him? Or to put it another way has he got his money back yet?

not in the slightest

Again:

Nett last 5 seasons:

1 Manchester City £479,950,000

2 Chelsea £269,759,000

3 Manchester United £138,750,000

4 Stoke City £91,175,000

5 Liverpool £89,400,000

6 Aston Villa £86,000,000

7 Southampton £60,750,000

8 Hull City £47,775,000

9 Sunderland £46,930,000

10 Cardiff City £40,470,000

11 West Ham £30,550,000

12 Norwich City £21,650,000

13 Swansea £18,745,000

14 West Bromwich Albion £14,726,000

15 Crystal Palace £11,950,000

16 Fulham £10,880,000

17 Tottenham £3,850,000

18 Arsenal -£4,125,000

19 Everton -£12,315,500

20 Newcastle -£45,000,000

Add to that the third biggest ground in the country, which is always pretty much full.

Now we've raked in £33 million more than the second bottom club, £85m more than the club in 10th. I VERY much doubt that every club ablve 15th place is making tens of millions of pounds worth of loss every year, I find that impossible to believe. And many of these are smaller clubs with less earning potental, smaller grounds and no European football. Therefore the way I see it there are 2 possibilities here:

1) Newcastle United are generating vast amounts of money for Mike Ashley

or

2) The people in charge of the finances are such incompetent retards that they need locking up.

One of those simply has to be true. Given that Ashley is an acknowledged astute businessman who runs a tight ship, that helps us discount point 2). Therefore if the club claim they're not making a profit, I'd suggest they're lying. Maybe he's not got all his money back, but there's a hell of a lot he can help himself to if he wants.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 2m

Can understand #nufc fan frustration but club have briefed members of media that there's no more business.

No need for the "but" in that sentence .................FFS newcastle have wrecked Ryders career as a north east journalist and he still kisses ass him and pardew are welcome to each other

I have just wiped Ryder from my digital life

Not defending us but look at the three clubs above us, the table doesn't tell the full story, a couple of overpriced sales skew it a little. Still an utter disgrace that we have made no attempt to push on, with the money we've generated.

Again:

Nett last 5 seasons:

2 Chelsea £269,759,000

4 Stoke City £91,175,000

5 Liverpool £89,400,000

8 Hull City £47,775,000

9 Sunderland £46,930,000

11 West Ham £30,550,000

13 Swansea £18,745,000

16 Fulham £10,880,000

17 Tottenham £3,850,000

18 Arsenal -£4,125,000

19 Everton -£12,315,500

Add to that the third biggest ground in the country, which is always pretty much full.

Now we've raked in £33 million more than the second bottom club, £85m more than the club in 10th. I VERY much doubt that every club ablve 15th place is making tens of millions of pounds worth of loss every year, I find that impossible to believe. And many of these are smaller clubs with less earning potental, smaller grounds and no European football. Therefore the way I see it there are 2 possibilities here:

or

2) The people in charge of the finances are such incompetent retards that they need locking up.

One of those simply has to be true. Given that Ashley is an acknowledged astute businessman who runs a tight ship, that helps us discount point 2). Therefore if the club claim they're not making a profit, I'd suggest they're lying. Maybe he's not got all his money back, but there's a hell of a lot he can help himself to if he wants.

Are you saying that Ashley has pocketed £45m for himself over the last 5 years?

I'm not saying anything of the sort. I'm saying the club has almost certainly made a massive profit in that time. I have no idea whether that money is in the bank or in his trousers, but it's there for him to take if and when he wants as he owns the club lock and stock.

I find it impossible to believe we have not made a significant profit given the massive disparity between our income and others from transfers and the fact that we're not a small club in the league either.

Again:

Nett last 5 seasons:

2 Chelsea £269,759,000

4 Stoke City £91,175,000

5 Liverpool £89,400,000

8 Hull City £47,775,000

9 Sunderland £46,930,000

11 West Ham £30,550,000

13 Swansea £18,745,000

16 Fulham £10,880,000

17 Tottenham £3,850,000

18 Arsenal -£4,125,000

19 Everton -£12,315,500

or

How much of that total was from when we were in the Championship?, over half of it I'm sure.  Which was used to cover the losses for that season.  Before you say it yes it was his fault we were in the Championship to begin with.  But that doesnt change the financial situation.

We should have £20m to spend right now if the club is to be ran on a break even basis (but a lot more than that next summer).  If a significant portion doesnt get spent by the summer I think 100% of the fanbase will have the knives out for him.

Again:

Nett last 5 seasons:

2 Chelsea £269,759,000

4 Stoke City £91,175,000

5 Liverpool £89,400,000

8 Hull City £47,775,000

9 Sunderland £46,930,000

11 West Ham £30,550,000

13 Swansea £18,745,000

16 Fulham £10,880,000

17 Tottenham £3,850,000

18 Arsenal -£4,125,000

19 Everton -£12,315,500

or

I might be reading this wrong but we have made a profit of £45m in the last 5 years, Ashley spent around £200m buying the club (and taking on its existing debt).

I am probably being thick here but that still leaves him around £155m down on the deal?  :undecided: :dontknow:

How much of that total was from when we were in the Championship?, over half of it I'm sure.  Which was used to cover the losses for that season.  Before you say it yes it was his fault we were in the Championship to begin with.  But that doesnt change the financial situation.

We should have £20m to spend right now if the club is to be ran on a break even basis (but a lot more than that next summer).  If a significant portion doesnt get spent by the summer I think 100% of the fanbase will have the knives out for him.

6 or 7 of the clubs with a better spend than us have probably been in the Championship during that time frame as well. OK, without our massive earners, admittedly, but without 52000 bums on seats either.

But either way, there's arguments and counter arguments over exactly what our profit is or should be, but ultimately that league table is a fucking disgrace for a club of our size.

I might be reading this wrong but we have made a profit of £45m in the last 5 years, Ashley spent around £200m buying the club (and taking on its existing debt).

I am probably being thick here but that still leaves him around £155m down on the deal?  :undecided: :dontknow:

That profit is just on transfers. There's other things to consider (TV money, gate revenues, player wages etc) that may make that £45m larger or smaller. But given that other clubs without rich benefactors can splash out way more than us on transfers without going bust, I'd suggest that it will be larger than £45m. But that's irrelevant. I'm not saying he's had his money back, I'm just saying we're very profitable the way we're being run at the moment. And that this will be appealing to someone like Ashley.

I actually think he should take his money back, that he should be repaid. I certainly don't expect him to plough endless funds into us like some do just because he's rich. But he shows an astonishing lack of ambition and is putting profit before literally everything else. That is not only s*** to us as fans, it's unnecessary because if we're just properly run rather than run into the ground, he'll get his money back anyway.

If we look at the last three transfer windows - Summer 2012-awful transfer window.after finishing 5th.Anita and couple of development players

Jan 2013-only because of our situation we spent and after Ba sale it was only 10 million

Summer 2013-one loan signing

Jan 2014-selling best player and one loan signing.

Nothing positive

That profit is just on transfers. There's other things to consider (TV money, gate revenues, player wages etc) that may make that £45m larger or smaller. But given that other clubs without rich benefactors can splash out way more than us on transfers without going bust, I'd suggest that it will be larger than £45m. But that's irrelevant. I'm not saying he's had his money back, I'm just saying we're very profitable the way we're being run at the moment. And that this will be appealing to someone like Ashley.

I actually think he should take his money back, that he should be repaid. I certainly don't expect him to plough endless funds into us like some do just because he's rich. But he shows an astonishing lack of ambition and is putting profit before literally everything else. That is not only s*** to us as fans, it's unnecessary because if we're just properly run rather than run into the ground, he'll get his money back anyway.

He's a tight cunt, no doubt about it. I just don't see him being back in the black 5 years after buying the club and this gives me some hope if the right offer comes in to break even or even make a little out of the deal he will decide the club doesn't bring in enough money quickly enough to be a worthwhile investment so will call it quits.

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO 32s

Cardiff are eyeing a move for Newcastle striker Papiss Cisse. #nufc #cardiffcity #SkyDeadlineDay

If true and happens, another few quid in the sky rocket

Skirgey style Mutch & a few quid swap deal.