NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If we lose Debuchy, Colo and Cisse with the rented players returning to their clubs, we will need to spend £30million +, just to stand still

If we lose Debuchy, Colo and Cisse with the rented players returning to their clubs, we will need to spend £30million +, just to stand still

Colo would be the killer. He will be leaving sooner rather than later anyway and has been proved we can't cope.

This summer is huge for the club. We desperately need to spend and yet I can't see Ashley dipping his fat fucking paw in his pocket for anything other than a couple of signings.

I fully expect we'll start the season with a patchwork squad, perform terribly and then panic buy in January 2015 when relegation looks like a real possibility.

Guest reefatoon

We'll need major squad rebuilding which won't happen meaning we'll either be set for a relegation scrap or languishing 12-14th next season.

Exactly, there is no way we will spend a big chunk of money and bring loads of people in.  Our tiny squad is going to look so much more fragile next season.  It's not going to be pretty.  Not sure how many cheap French players we will be able to bring in to compensate.

Not so much of a difference losing fringe players like Obertan, Gosling, Amalfitano, Marveaux, Jonas (that's five) since they ain't playing anyway and most are useless. Remy is likely to leave so we need a proper replacement for him (more likely Cisse staying 'like a new player') while de Jong should be around to replace Shola. Ben Arfa, I can't see him staying without games and one year left on his contract.

- Obertan*, Gosling, Amalfitano, Marveaux*, Jonas, Shola, Remy, Ben Arfa (* provided some club wants him since there doesn't seem to be any remote interest.)

+ Cabaye replacement, Ben Arfa replacement, (+ de Jong)

Permanent signing of de Jong and a failed attempt at retaining Remy, plus a couple of replacements for Cabaye and Ben Arfa and that's likely all there is to our summer transfers. And then we will have people rejoicing at what great work we have done for that window.

Colo would be the killer. He will be leaving sooner rather than later anyway and has been proved we can't cope.

We would cope better if the manager selected the correct players to fill in for him.

Guest reefatoon

So we're going to have to rebuild the squad during a World Cup summer.

What could possibly go wrong?

Hire Joe Kinnear as a scout this time.

Aye, it's a shame the World Cup isn't in France.  Just think of all the world class players we could have scouted if it was.  Shame our Stena line ferry annual discount pass can't take us to Brazil.

I forgot about the World Cup excuse, Pardew will blame most of our problems on the World Cup. No player wants to sign before, inflated prices after, fatigue even though a handful of ours will be used, resigning Shola a "World Cup Star" will be like a new signing. FFS I hate that I love this club sometimes!

Guest reefatoon

I forgot about the World Cup excuse, Pardew will blame most of our problems on the World Cup. No player wants to sign before, inflated prices after, fatigue even though a handful of ours will be used, resigning Shola a "World Cup Star" will be like a new signing. FFS I hate that I love this club sometimes!

World cup + science = Excuse heaven for Pardew

That's Alanmatics for you.

Guest bimpy474

So best case scenario is we keep Hatem, Debuchy, De Jong, Colo etc but still need to sign at least 5 players.

Worst case scenario is we lose them and need to sign at least 10 players.

We need to sign 5 or 10.........pahahahahahahahahahahaha :lol:

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Tomkins, Noble, Gabbidon, Adam, Pardew is let loose with the cheque book, we're going to look mint :lol:

Ba, lallana, Lambert

Guest bimpy474

Tomkins, Noble, Gabbidon, Adam, Pardew is let loose with the cheque book, we're going to look mint :lol:

Ba, lallana, Lambert

Nah, too expensive.