NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Going down I'm convinced of it. It's no different to the mercenary culture we had when we were signing aged had beens. None of them seem to want to be here. Colo wants prem wages and the genuine quality like debauchee will be sold/gone at the drop of a hat. If pardew has any of his targets we'll be bottom half for sure.

it'll hinge entirely on whether he gets a striker of the remy/ba calibre who can nab goals on scraps, if we don't manage to get him another one of them then i think we'll really struggle aye

At this rate it will hinge more on how good the promoted clubs are. If they're decent it could be a real scrap.

Is it just Bent so far?

ive seen links to. bent. townsend. richards. milner. rodwell. colbeck. shelvey. sinclaer

Wouldn't, would, probably would, wouldn't, wouldn't, wouldn't, would, would.

Lasogga just scored a great header. That's the 3rd time I've seen him score from a corner.

Sign him up.

Scoring from corners :yao:

To be fair they've got VDV whipping them in.  :yao:

Paul Dummet is often referred to as the van der Vaart of NE3.

If we are to go English then Sinclair, Ince, will Hughes, Townsend, huddlestone, Rodwell, shelvey, Zaha, berainho, Richards, Caulker, Butland, Wellbeck, Lescott, even Barry & Colback would be on my list to build a squad as well as a first team.

And when the English players we sign realise Pardew is shit?  German?  Dutch?

Probably best to not sign anyone. sell what we've got and dish out boots to what's left of our support.

just seen that the Guardian have a feature on each Premier League club's transfer plans for the summer

Newcastle

Plan for the summer: Major reconstruction. With a raft of players leaving – Hatem Ben Arfa, the loanee Loïc Remy and Shola Ameobi among them – Alan Pardew must rebuild a side looking desperately short of strikers, creativity and pace. Pardew is keen to introduce more British players into his largely Francophone dressing room.

Transfer kitty: £40m :yao:

Most mouth watering rumour so far: Andros Townsend

If we are to go English then Sinclair, Ince, will Hughes, Townsend, huddlestone, Rodwell, shelvey, Zaha, berainho, Richards, Caulker, Butland, Wellbeck, Lescott, even Barry & Colback would be on my list to build a squad as well as a first team.

Remove Colback from that list and I'd agree. Problem is with the exception of maybe Sinclair and Lescott (who's probably too old for Uncle Mike anyway) those players would be too expensive.

- Haven't seen much of Sinclair this year? Has he looked any good on loan? Townsend could be hit or miss.. although wouldnt be surprised to see Lennon linked instead.

- Milner back? I wouldn't mind to be honest but we would be in the same place as last time with fans on his back annoyed at his lack of pace. Still think he can add a lot for us.

- Really liked the look of Berainho at the start of the season, would be a great third striker, but means us buying another two.

- Should be going for Will Hughes, no doubt.. although providing they beat QPR.. pretty please.. he might fancy a crack staying in the premiership with them.. hopefully he doesn't do a Giles Barnes.

- Lescott and Rodwell would be a gamble due to lack of playing time/attitude/big club ruining them etc.. Barry has had a good year and would probably add a lot to us, but would only be a short term deal.

- Not that plussed at the idea of Wellbeck, Colback, Caulker, Butland, Huddlestone or Ince.

Can see it happening. The mercenary way we operate isn't that much different and it's how pardew wants it I'm sure given the choice. Carlton cole and Darren bent with someone like cattermole in the middle and James Tompkins and Williamson at the back giving us height in the box.