NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tbf Jones isn't a terrible forward, provided that he's 3rd or 4th choice. Guy to come on late, hold the ball up, and knock down a few headers.

Problem is, he'd get 30+ starts under Pardew.

He's crap, end of.

I don't want a shola replacement, I want someone who's young, hungry and willing to learn at 3rd/4th choice. What's the point in getting another hapless clogger?

I'd much rather take a chance on youth over "they used to be okay 5 years ago, they'll do for now"

Why do the people who say they don't care always post that they don't care after every transfer rumour? I understand the sentiment behind it but this forum is going to get boring if people post "what's the point?" after every bit of news. If you really didn't care you wouldn't spend so much time posting.

There's a lot of hopefully bullshit rumours flying around. NUFC seem to be getting liked to some unlikely players. If NUFC really want Kenwyne Jones they may as well have gone for Carlton Cole on a free last Summer.

Hopefully Gomis is Shola's replacement.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2014/bafetimbi-gomis-3-turkish-offers-newcastle-and-west-ham-talks/

Bafétimbi Gomis: 3 Turkish offers, Newcastle and West Ham talks

Get French Football News understands that Lyon striker Bafétimbi Gomis, who is out of contract next month, is in serious demand from sides in Turkey.

Galatasaray, Besiktas and Trabzonspor have all met with Gomis’ agent Etienne Mendy in the past weeks and have all made concrete offers for the player.

Aside from the Turkish interest, Get French Football News understands that Newcastle United have made contact yet again with Bafétimbi Gomis’ agent Mendy for a possible move this summer, alongside Premier League side West Ham United.

It is unclear as to whether or not either Premier League side have made concrete offers for Gomis’ services.

Gomis also has a contract extension offer on the table from Lyon, which he is yet to formally reject, but it is unlikely at the time of writing that he prolongs with Les Gones.

Bafétimbi Gomis is understood to wait for another two weeks before making a decision on his future.

Guest bimpy474

Kenwyn Jones. Kenwyn. Motherfucking. Jones.

What the fuck has happened to our club?

http://www.themag.co.uk/assets/2012/02/MikeAshley1.jpg

:pardsgrin: :pards: :pardsbeard:

Matt Smith ‏@ElasticoChop  6m

Remy Cabella deal to #NUFC seems to have potential. Montpellier want €10 (seems cheap). RC wants to finish FRA training before deciding.

Expand

I'd buy him myself for €10

What's the point? He'd be perfect with Remy, Ben Arfa and a pure goalscorer with Sissoko/Anita/Tiote (two of them) behind. But we have a manager who rather has the wingers defending than creating and three midfielders that have a rigid playing style.

Guest chopey

I still think that pardew doesn't push for big signings because it will put more pressure on him to be better at his job

I still think that pardew doesn't push for big signings because it will put more pressure on him to be better at his job

There is a certain sick, ambitionless, spineless logic to it :(

Yeah they're spreading the 100% across every player there, totally mental way of doing it.  Each player should have their votes represented out of 100, not 100 spread over every player :lol: