NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think we should concentrate on bringing Sammy etc through. Only worth loaning if appreciably better than what we have and not convinced Zaha is, just go out and buy Tom Ince instead or start using Sammy more.

Loans are decent if deal in place at end of it but otherwise we are back to square one and our young players are not getting the chance. We do need a couple of wingers though but rather we bought one in rather than loan if we must

Someone needs to slap those idiots around. Striker, Winger, CB. Its absolutely essential to sign all 3 if we want to keep this pace up. Its not even ambition, its common sense ffs.

#

Cant see it happening, his long term goal is to keep NUFC in the prem in a stable position.. not seek imporvement.

Someone needs to slap those idiots around. Striker, Winger, CB. Its absolutely essential to sign all 3 if we want to keep this pace up. Its not even ambition, its common sense ffs.

#

Cant see it happening, his long term goal is to keep NUFC in the prem in a stable position.. not seek imporvement.

I know, I know. :facepalm:

It's so frustrating isn't it?

#

I know, I know. :facepalm:

It's so frustrating isn't it?

Massively.

Disregarding our (lack of) ambition - imagine if this squad was topped with 2-3 players (a winger and a striker primarily) in January. And we attracted a better manager. That's how close we are to mount a challenge for top 4 in my opinion. Ashley's faith in Carr has paid off and made his way of running the club less harmful. We've assembled some superb players over the past 2-3 years for very moderate sums. It's a shame that ambition and understanding of football (Pardew and the managerial glass ceiling that prevents us from moving forward) has coincided with the faith in Carr. Frustrating as fuck. It used to be backing of managers but shit players being signed.

He would get his money back quicker if we were involved in the shake up at the end of the season, attract better sponsorship, club would become more self sufficent and he could have his shoddy sports wear company along for the ride.

Sigh.

Guest reefatoon

I'll treat that like I treat what any manager says prior to a transfer window, complete tripe. He has no say and probably no clue on the ins and outs (which is a problem by itself)

He probably said it after spotting some Hoseasons brochure's on Kinnear's desk.  He will be knowing our Director of Football will be due another holiday, probably the whole month of January.

Apparently we were in for Lukaku in the Summer but because we were trying to get Gomis we missed out. Imagine us having Remy and Lukaku up front.  :drool:  I think the only reason we loaned Remy and didn't buy him is because of the charge hanging over him. If he didn't have that we would have tried to buy him outright.

As for loaning Zaha, it doesn't make sense. Will he get ahead of Sissoko and Gouffran who currently are doing well on our wings? We've got Ben Arfa, Obertan, Sammy Ameobi, Gutierrez and Marveaux who can play on the wings. We'd have to sell/loan out one or two of them before bringing in Zaha and he still wouldn't be a guaranteed starter.

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/newcastle-transfer-deal-thats-dead-water-wilfried-zaha-manchester-united/

Newcastle Transfer Deal Surely Dead In The Water

4 hours ago by Jim Robertson

As we all know, nearly every Newcastle transfer deal that is mooted, has to be treated with the utmost caution.

The strike rate of rumours to eventual transfers is less than 1% when I look at my workings out on the back of this tab packet.

One transfer story though that refuses to go away is that Newcastle are constantly referred to as ‘favourites’ to take Wilfried Zaha on loan from Manchester United in January.

The more it is mentioned then even against your better judgement you start to wonder if there is indeed some truth in it.

The facts however, suggest otherwise.

All the talk is of Zaha being homesick for London – not Newcastle! Even if you get past that, exactly what would be in it for the two clubs?

Manchester United would clearly expect Zaha to get games but with Sissoko and Gouffran playing so well and our own enigmatic winger, Hatem Ben Arfa, champing at the bit – it is very difficult to see where the Man U player would be guaranteed game time.

The only way it would make any sense is if Newcastle were possibly willing to let somebody such as Ben Arfa or Cisse go, with Zaha seen as an option to fill in short term at Newcastle as a winger or second striker.

It is hard to see either Cisse or Ben Arfa attracting top dollar with their current status and therefore very hard to see Ashley ‘cashing’ in.

You can assume that if Zaha is to go out on loan then it will happen very early in the January window to allow him as much time as possible on the pitch at another club. So one silver lining is at least with this transfer ‘story’ we shouldn’t have to wait too long for it to sink or float.

We're in a fantastic position to speculate to accumulate but that principle doesn't exist with these arseholes.

This post could quite easily be from any of the past 4/5 years. Should be grateful though, Leeds, Portsmouth etc.

Apparently we were in for Lukaku in the Summer but because we were trying to get Gomis we missed out. Imagine us having Remy and Lukaku up front.  :drool:  I think the only reason we loaned Remy and didn't buy him is because of the charge hanging over him. If he didn't have that we would have tried to buy him outright.

As for loaning Zaha, it doesn't make sense. Will he get ahead of Sissoko and Gouffran who currently are doing well on our wings? We've got Ben Arfa, Obertan, Sammy Ameobi, Gutierrez and Marveaux who can play on the wings. We'd have to sell/loan out one or two of them before bringing in Zaha and he still wouldn't be a guaranteed starter.

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/newcastle-transfer-deal-thats-dead-water-wilfried-zaha-manchester-united/

As we all know, nearly every Newcastle transfer deal that is mooted, has to be treated with the utmost caution.

The strike rate of rumours to eventual transfers is less than 1% when I look at my workings out on the back of this tab packet.

One transfer story though that refuses to go away is that Newcastle are constantly referred to as ‘favourites’ to take Wilfried Zaha on loan from Manchester United in January.

The more it is mentioned then even against your better judgement you start to wonder if there is indeed some truth in it.

All the talk is of Zaha being homesick for London – not Newcastle! Even if you get past that, exactly what would be in it for the two clubs?

Manchester United would clearly expect Zaha to get games but with Sissoko and Gouffran playing so well and our own enigmatic winger, Hatem Ben Arfa, champing at the bit – it is very difficult to see where the Man U player would be guaranteed game time.

The only way it would make any sense is if Newcastle were possibly willing to let somebody such as Ben Arfa or Cisse go, with Zaha seen as an option to fill in short term at Newcastle as a winger or second striker.

It is hard to see either Cisse or Ben Arfa attracting top dollar with their current status and therefore very hard to see Ashley ‘cashing’ in.

You can assume that if Zaha is to go out on loan then it will happen very early in the January window to allow him as much time as possible on the pitch at another club. So one silver lining is at least with this transfer ‘story’ we shouldn’t have to wait too long for it to sink or float.

Don't you mean Giggs?

Don't you mean Giggs?

Obviously not, that was in 2004.

Don't you mean Giggs?

I wasn't repeating it as new news. Some people may not have been aware that we had been in for Lukaku in the Summer. Well done you for your reply though.

Badly worded, then. And that's something coming from me.

Don't you mean Giggs?

I wasn't repeating it as new news. Some people may not have been aware that we had been in for Lukaku in the Summer. Well done you for your reply though.

Badly worded, then. And that's something coming from me.

Other people had been discussing the loan system and how West Brom and now Everton benefit from loaning Lukaku. I was just pointing out that NUFC had discussed loaning Lukaku therefore we could have had both Lukaku and Remy on loan here. Good on paper but not so good when both of your best strikers are on loan.

We're in a fantastic position to speculate to accumulate but that principle doesn't exist with these arseholes.

This post could quite easily be from any of the past 4/5 years. Should be grateful though, Leeds, Portsmouth etc.

:clap: