NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Times reckons we are favourites to land Nicolas N'Koulou the Marseilles defender. No idea if he's a cb but I would assume so.

Only 5'10 though :(

5'11 according to Wiki.

6'5 according to College dropout.

:lol:

I feel uncomfortable with the idea of shipping out players who I want to see make up our squad. 1 in 1 out is not the way forward. Cabella is one of the only players we've got who can play wide. After him we're looking at Obertan and Perez in wide positions. Thavin in I'm fine with but swapping one for the other doesn't strengthen the team.

We are well covered there now, but if Cabella goes you are basically left with Perez seeing as De Jong's history can't be trusted and Wijnaldum is highly unlikely to ever play there because we'll need him deeper.

tiote, sissoko, abeid, anita, colback, kemen, bigi

fucking midfielders all over the place man, some of them are going to have to go :lol:

I feel uncomfortable with the idea of shipping out players who I want to see make up our squad. 1 in 1 out is not the way forward. Cabella is one of the only players we've got who can play wide. After him we're looking at Obertan and Perez in wide positions. Thavin in I'm fine with but swapping one for the other doesn't strengthen the team.

he's not a winger though is all i'm saying so if we're stuck with obertan and whatever other shit and the option is swap cabella for a top class wide man then i'd go for it personally

Lots of players true, but the quality drop off is quite big as you go down the list :lol:

Yep! Besides, De Jong AND Wijnaldum will be on the pitch the both of them (If De Jong can stay fit)

Lots of players true, but the quality drop off is quite big as you go down the list :lol:

Yep! Besides, De Jong AND Wijnaldum will be on the pitch the both of them (If De Jong can stay fit)

why is this so fucking hard? :lol:

to reiterate i'd ship de jong and keep cabella *but* de jong seems be the second coming of christ to everyone based on precisely nothing he's done on the pitch and no one would take him anyway due to his injuries

common consensus seems to be cabella can't play wide effectively as he's not quick or strong enough

we need at least one wide player

if the choice was there to swap cabella for a top class wide player it has to be taken or we're just stacking up players for the same positions who'll never get any game time anyway

Cabella CAN play wide in the correct setup, drifting in from the right/left in a more free role with Janmaat providing width. If we get rid of Cabella we'd have to sign TWO more wide players imo. Keep Cabella and sign one that can be a more different kind of winger. Besides, i'm sure Cabella is better than he has shown so far out wide.

Cabella CAN play wide in the correct setup, drifting in from the right in a more free role with Janmaat providing width. If we get rid of Cabella we'd have to sign TWO more wide players imo. Keep Cabella and sign one that can be a more different kind of winger. Besides, i'm sure Cabella is better than he has shown so far.

it depends on the system we play but aarons and perez can both play wide high up the pitch, sissoko can also fill a wide position

funny to me as again i rate cabella but don't see him as a wide man at all in the PL like, it's the one thing about him i agree with - he doesn't have the pace or strength for it, but playing centrally passing and moving he'll be fine as he won't have to beat fullbacks with the ball at his feet

short story and back to the start we've got a surplus of CAM's and need to find a way to balance the squad and get players in who can actually play wide effectively

But we have to be better and more fluid with lots of movement and in possession for it to work for him out wide.

again i rate cabella and agree he can play that role if everything is in place, but if the chance was there to swap for a natural, quality wide man i can't see why anyone would resist it?

the proviso being we're banking everything on de jong coming good

I get your point. I'm hoping that we go for a quality wide man anyway and keep Cabella to have more depth. Some injuries here and there and a suspension or even loss of form in a player and suddenly we don't have much :)

I get your point. I'm hoping that we go for a quality wide man anyway and keep Cabella to have more depth. Some injuries here and there and a suspension or even loss of form in a player and suddenly we don't have much :)

obviously ideally we get rid of obertan and all the other shite but that's just not going to happen is it? :lol:

hope cabella stays mind, would prefer a 4-2-3-1 myself on further thoughts that doesn't rely on outright widemen but 3 attacking players passing and moving behind a striker

We are well covered there now, but if Cabella goes you are basically left with Perez seeing as De Jong's history can't be trusted and Wijnaldum is highly unlikely to ever play there because we'll need him deeper.

fucking midfielders all over the place man, some of them are going to have to go :lol:

Di Maria, Mata, Januzaj, Carrick, Blind, Young, Herrera, Powell, Valencia, Fellani, Lingard, Pereira.

We need a squad man, we've been paper-thin for years.

Di Maria, Mata, Januzaj, Carrick, Blind, Young, Herrera, Powell, Valencia, Fellani, Lingard, Pereira.

We need a squad man, we've been paper-thin for years.

no words :lol: