The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

9 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I know it’s proper ‘think of the children’, but the fact someone would burn what would probably be a few hundred quid table instead of just giving it to a local community/youth centre or something is appalling like [emoji38]

It's insane and probably why Jones will never work in top flight football again. He's nuts.

20 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Sounds like Gerrard failed his Southampton interview :lol:

So glad he insisted on being headhunted and we missed out. 

'How will you keep us in the Premier League then, Stevie'

'Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerm'

Genuinely don't understand why they appointed yet. Is a case of their owners setting their sights too high with their targets? Or just that other managers think they're sunk already?

I mean, on paper, there's no reason why most people wouldn't look at their squad and think there's enough there to get them out of the shit.

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

Genuinely don't understand why they appointed yet. Is a case of their owners setting their sights too high with their targets? Or just that other managers think they're sunk already?

I mean, on paper, there's no reason why most people wouldn't look at their squad and think there's enough there to get them out of the shit.

Apparently Leeds want either Iraola or Slot both have said no at this point but are willing to come in the summer. 

Guess with Leeds you know you'll be sacked in a year if you're anywhere near the relegation zone, which at best they will be and at last some managers are factoring the upheaval and reputational damage into it and not just jumping at a PL job that's tempting on the face of it.