The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

15 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

I’d not make that move if it were my money, Ajax were awful under him. Gets some leeway as the club currently isn’t run as well as it usually is but he did nothing other than contribute to a majorly sub-par season thus far. My friend is an Ajax fan and I just asked him about this. He said “well, they must want relegated”.

8 hours ago, tgarve said:

Am I the only person that feels sorry for him 😂

Nah, I do, clearly couldn’t handle the pressure and came out with some whoppers trying to defend himself.

His best bet at redemption will be promotion with another Luton type club. Wish the bloke well and hope he takes it in stride.

7 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Jones seemed to make the mistake of taking on the fans. That never ends well.

Tbf, I'd fancy my chances against that lot. Fucking twats.

Plenty of pink seats around for the last few years with them as a top flight side. As bad as the Mackems.

Edited by toon25

I know I shouldn't, but I love Neil Warnock.

Always the underdog, has a 40% win rate (inclusive of seasons in the premier League with weaker teams), is an absolute wanker with the officials and takes on some ridiculous jobs with lots of success.

The amount of promotions (4 up to the Premier League alone) and lack of relegations on his CV is astounding, especially given some of the jobs he's took on. He's rescued some clubs, that's for sure.

I usually dislike older English Managers, but he's the exception (which I take a lot of understandable shit for!)

Can't help but like a guy who's mid 70s and still can't stop loving the game.

31 minutes ago, BlazeT44 said:

I know I shouldn't, but I love Neil Warnock.

Always the underdog, has a 40% win rate (inclusive of seasons in the premier League with weaker teams), is an absolute wanker with the officials and takes on some ridiculous jobs with lots of success.

The amount of promotions (4 up to the Premier League alone) and lack of relegations on his CV is astounding, especially given some of the jobs he's took on. He's rescued some clubs, that's for sure.

I usually dislike older English Managers, but he's the exception (which I take a lot of understandable shit for!)

Can't help but like a guy who's mid 70s and still can't stop loving the game.

And he doesn't get anywhere near the amount of love as Bruce by the media

2 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

And he doesn't get anywhere near the amount of love as Bruce by the media

100%. I don't think there are too many occasions where Warnock left the team in a worse state than what he found them.

Even the Boro job, he'd built the foundations Wilder benefitted from.

It is 2253.

A hologram of Neil Warnock has been appointed manager of Championship strugglers Huddersfield City.

The hologram was due to be shut down and archived, however Warnock isn’t quite ready to quit yet and fancies one last job.