The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Get Woodgate on board too. 

Lads will be back round Majestics in no time (if it hadn’t burned down and reopened as something completely different).

2 hours ago, KaKa said:

Would have stayed up if they stuck with Marsch. Leeds are a complete and utter mess.

I’d say the same about Southampton and Hasenhüttl. Selles is absolutely hopeless.

On 26/04/2023 at 16:59, TRon said:

Well this is where you learn a bit of history. Chelsea were indeed a pretty mediocre club before they were bought by the Russian mafioso. I'm not saying that makes them any less of a club now by the way, two decades is definitely enough time to make a long term mark.

When I was growing up they won a European competition and the FA Cup (twice?) pre Abramovic.   Had legends of the game like Vialli and Gullit as players and managers. Desailly. Deschamps.  Zola.   

I never remember Chelsea being a mediocre club.  

19 minutes ago, Ben said:

Rodgers and Potter won't be out of work long 

Rodgers would be a Leeds/Palace type job, I know West Ham haven't been great this season but I think Potter would have them top 8 contenders regularly. Possibly Aston Villa if Emery got poached. 

I think Potter needs a club that's going to guarantee him time and they're pretty few and far between. I don't think he's a 'impact' manager who can walk in and change things quickly, he needs time to impose his philosophy on to the squad and get everything right with the coaching and scouting side of things. Brighton was the perfect place for him and I'm still a bit baffled as to why he chose to take the Chelsea job as he was always on a hiding to nothing going into that shitshow. He's now a very rich man but he's burned a few of his bridges as a result. Hindsight is wonderful but he should have stayed where he was

3 minutes ago, midds said:

I think Potter needs a club that's going to guarantee him time and they're pretty few and far between. I don't think he's a 'impact' manager who can walk in and change things quickly, he needs time to impose his philosophy on to the squad and get everything right with the coaching and scouting side of things. Brighton was the perfect place for him and I'm still a bit baffled as to why he chose to take the Chelsea job as he was always on a hiding to nothing going into that shitshow. He's now a very rich man but he's burned a few of his bridges as a result. Hindsight is wonderful but he should have stayed where he was

I actually think Tottenham would be a good fit for him. Levy would prefer a manager who can stick around long-term and one who isn’t desperate for big spending. Who the fuck knows what Spurs will do best though, as they’re a clown club 

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

I was really looking forward to playing this version of Leeds :undecided:

My thoughts exactly. Leeds and Chelsea could have new managers by the time we play them both.