The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

He became player-manager for the Shrews in the 1978–79 season, the same year the club sealed the Third Division championship. Shrewsbury ultimately spent ten seasons in the Second Division and Turner twice led them to the quarter-finals of the FA Cup. He ended his playing career in 1983, and left Shrewsbury after six seasons to take charge of Aston Villa in the summer of 1984.

:lol: WTF, did they get him on the strength of Shrewsbury having a couple of FA Cup runs while treading water in the second tier?

They did, he was highly rated at the time by some people, mainly the press so things haven't changed much on that score as they are still shit when it comes to rating English managers.  :lol:

What is so special about Sherwood ? He managed a good spurs team for 4 months and did ok and now he is so arrogant he's knocking jobs back left right and centre

What is so special about Sherwood ? He managed a good spurs team for 4 months and did ok and now he is so arrogant he's knocking jobs back left right and centre

I'm not sure it's arrogance, he might just want a job he feels comfortable with and not jumping into something he feels isn't for him.  In some ways it makes a change from some of the pricks who chase every job going just to get another pay cheque for failing.

Finance far out ways racism in football these days, if a three legged lesbian Malaysian won the league in Portugal three years off the trot premier leagues clubs would be all over it, Campbell is stuck in the 90s with his ramblings

I'm not sure it's arrogance, he might just want a job he feels comfortable with and not jumping into something he feels isn't for him.  In some ways it makes a change from some of the pricks who chase every job going just to get another pay cheque for failing.

I'm pretty sure arrogance at least plays a part :lol:.

Apparently he is making a lot of demands which has put previously interested clubs off e.g. wages, staff and other requirements.  He has not got enough experience to make those demands at this stage of his career so it is putting clubs like QPR off.  It is all very well having confidence in your own ability but he needs to prove it first as there is no guarantee he is going to be a success and for clubs in a relegation battle, he is a risky appointment.  He is going to have to compromise at some stage otherwise he won't get a job at all.

I love it when managers are compared for no other reason than the region in which they were born. Really progressive thinking, that.

Anyway, back in the real world Sherwood will get them scoring (more) goals. They'll stay up now, no bother.