The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

If it was the end of the season, I could imagine Villa getting Benitez.  He wants to come back and his family are still in Liverpool so not that far a commute.  Other than us (and he is far too expensive and political for Ashley) and perhaps West Ham, I cannot see which other English club would be suitable because the top 7 are taken care of.

I would imagine they would be an attractive club to many managers but those interested may want to wait until the end of the season if they are already in a job and also to see if they are still in the Premier League.

If it was the end of the season, I could imagine Villa getting Benitez.  He wants to come back and his family are still in Liverpool so not that far a commute.  Other than us (and he is far too expensive and political for Ashley) and perhaps West Ham, I cannot see which other English club would be suitable because the top 7 are taken care of.

I would imagine they would be an attractive club to many managers but those interested may want to wait until the end of the season if they are already in a job and also to see if they are still in the Premier League.

What? Benitez? You must be joking.

Guest Roger Kint

Collymore backing the sack for him citing all the same reasons he excused Pardew not being sacked. Typical TS presenter logic :lol:

Loved the photos of the fans recycling the banners from our relegation game. Brummie aside they deserve to go down and fuck off

I just think they can and will probably attract a good manager who will significantly improve them because their board will not restrict the manager's role as we do (and will pay more).  As clubs, we should probably attract a similar profile of manager but given a choice, they will be a more attractive proposition.

I only mentioned Benitez because it keeps being reported that he wants to come back to the Premier League and as far as I can see, his options of clubs are severely limited if that is the case and Villa like us should be challenging for the top 8 if they were being backed properly by their owner. 

Rumours QPR will appoint Chris Ramsey.

Meanwhile, at Ince HQ, Paul and his sidekick Sol erupt in a fit of rage as their campaign to tarnish club owners as racist for not appointing black managers begins to crumble.

Wow  :lol:

That's what a win over Sunderland gets you I presume.

Must say, having seen the guy in his first interview he didn't look at all convincing.

Meanwhile, at Ince HQ, Paul and his sidekick Sol erupt in a fit of rage as their campaign to tarnish club owners as racist for not appointing black managers begins to crumble.

Led mighty Charleston Battery to the league title in the U.S. 2nd-tier back in the day.

I just think they can and will probably attract a good manager who will significantly improve them because their board will not restrict the manager's role as we do (and will pay more).  As clubs, we should probably attract a similar profile of manager but given a choice, they will be a more attractive proposition.

I only mentioned Benitez because it keeps being reported that he wants to come back to the Premier League and as far as I can see, his options of clubs are severely limited if that is the case and Villa like us should be challenging for the top 8 if they were being backed properly by their owner. 

Lerner interviewed Benitez after Houllier went (or was it McLeish, can't remember).

It became apparent that Benitez was interested in the job (hence the interview), but was expecting loads more money to spend on players, hence Lerner cutting the interview short

So, basically, no chance.

Hilarious that pundits and ex players are saying that fan power played a part in his sacking. Not the fact they've scored 12 goals and haven't won since the start of December

It is offensive bollocks. He has had almost zero stick at the actual matches for 2.5 years, until Hull the other night. It was the odd bit of post-whistle booing and a few chants a week or two ago. I struggle to think of a sacking in recent times which has been less about fan power.

I would list the records for shitness he has broken (highest ever defeat, lowest points, longest without scoring etc etc etc) as reasons he's been sacked, but I've said it all before.

It's almost as though people over here love to get away with doing the bear minimum to stay in their jobs, and once anyone else who is underperforming gets the sack, they all start worrying, as it is then more likely their efforts will come under scrutiny.

Woops, accidentally selected Koeman.

From now until the end of the season I think only Bruce and Pearson might face the chop. Think Burnely will stick with Dyche and everyone else will at that end of the table have already made a move and will have to love with the consequences.

How long have you been waiting to make this comment [emoji38]

Collymore backing the sack for him citing all the same reasons he excused Pardew not being sacked. Typical TS presenter logic :lol:

Loved the photos of the fans recycling the banners from our relegation game. Brummie aside they deserve to go down and fuck off

Collymore says whatever he has to to get people to phone in.

That was a photoshop man :lol: