The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - Brighton appoint Fabian Hurzeler / Ten Hag to stay at Man Utd

cp40

If they wouldn't play for Mourinho, why would they play for Solskjaer? :lol:

Kind of hope he does alright like, and they give him it full time, would be hilarious.

I wonder if one of the reasons for Mourinho's failure at Man Utd was down to not having at least one dog-obedient lieutenant on the pitch who would run through a brick wall for him and drag his teammates forward. Had Terry and Drogba at Chelsea, Materazzi at Inter, Ramos at Madrid, Carvalho obviously at a few clubs. Not much leadership in that ManUtd team I reckon and certainly no one for that role.

They seem to be making a big deal of going the Director of Football route.

I wonder if they are therefore just interested in having one of their own who has the most experience in management, and who will happily embrace the head coach role with an experienced number 2, and then the Director of Football playing a bigger role and controlling recruitment and influencing the style of play.

Think they will give Solskjaer every chance to win the job operating in this kind of structure.

Guest neesy111

Quite comical despite how badly we are ran, we have a far better manager than Man Utd currently (the biggest football club in the world).

Don't really see the issue with it tbh. Quite clearly the players had enough of Mourinho, they aren't going to finish top 4 or go very far in the CL.

So what could Solskjaer possibly do to fuck up? there isn't anything. It's just till the end of the season, it gives them time to scope out possible long term successors. If he does well great, but if it doesn't who cares? Their season has been over realistically for ages.

Quite comical despite how badly we are ran, we have a far better manager than Man Utd currently (the biggest football club in the world).

Seen this a couple of times now, surely Real Madrid is the biggest club in the world.

You not see him at Cardiff? He's factually a worse manager than Mourinho

Do you think Mourinho would have done a better job at Cardiff? Lets be realistic here. I don't think Solskjaer is a good manager, but at the same time we're all basing this on less than a full season at Cardiff City, who were absolutely dreadful to begin with. He has top players at his disposal now, and they'll want to do well for him. They hated Mourinho.

Kaiz might be able to confirm but by all accounts Solskjaer has done a brilliant job at Molde as well.

It'll be interesting.

Seen this a couple of times now, surely Real Madrid is the biggest club in the world.

What's your definition on biggest? Real Madrid are a better side. Man United are the most valuable club with the most fans, or "fans" before someone tries to be funny.

Cardiff weren't in the bottom 3 when OGS was appointed yet got relegated pretty comfortably, finishing bottom of the league

Wasn't his team. It's pretty hard to judge a manager in such a short space of time in my opinion.