The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

In a statement, chairman Mel Morris said Derby had "not made enough progress" under former Chelsea and Real Madrid assistant Clement, 44.

5th in the Championship, 5 points from the top :idiot2:

He's on his first poor run as manager and without a win in 7 games, it seems at most clubs these days if you hit a bad run of form you get sacked. Ridiculous.

Spent a lot of cash in the expectation that this year they wouldn't screw up. Haven't won in 7 games which probably provided the Derby board with a deja vu of what happened last season. Probably felt that if they left it another month, they'd be too far off 2nd place.

So the chairmans obviously missing McClarens magnificent football

Promotion this season was not the primary target. The priorities were building on the Derby way and style of football enjoyed in the past two seasons;

The craic in Derby is that Clement wasn't picking the team and didn't have full control. Sounds familiar...

There's also rumours he slept with someone's wife.

Jesus, the more I think about it :lol:

And a seven game winless streak

Sacked...f***ing nuts.

I don't get that. Wonder what their reason is.

???

They've spent absolutely loads and they've been doing really bad recently. They have to get promoted or they're f***ed I reckon. They should be comfortaby top 2 with their squad

Everyone was writing off Ranieri tbf, really want him to win the league as he's just so lovely and cuddly. Got a Bobby Robson manner about him, doesn't take the media stuff too seriously and always has a joke or 2.

For someone with a rather successful managerial career and who's managed quite a few big clubs, he hasn't won much of consequence. UEFA Super Cup and Copa del Rey with Valencia, Coppa Italia with Fiorentina. It would be nice to see him win the league.