The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Thought this poll was interesting.  Leicester fans were pretty unanimous in wanting him gone.

I fear it's already too late, but it's the only card we have left to play. Let's not leave it too late like Newcastle did last season.

Surprised at that. Being pretty much from there it's not the impression I got at all.

Guest neesy111

Thought this poll was interesting.  Leicester fans were pretty unanimous in wanting him gone.

I fear it's already too late, but it's the only card we have left to play. Let's not leave it too late like Newcastle did last season.

Interesting that.  I think with these things outsiders make so many judgements that because of last season there is no reason in the world to sack him but it's clear that they've been awful for months now when reading that and things had gone too far in the opposite direction.

Probably similar to how we all wanted pardew out, but fans across the country were insistent we were wrong to want him out.

Surprised at that. Being pretty much from there it's not the impression I got at all.

Kind of like how on here everyone wanted Pardew to go, but you still got "Alan Pardew's Black and White Army" sung at the match.

I think it's a fairly valid consideration that the man in question is obviously an affable, honourable bloke, like. I know that doesn't win you games but it points the 'loss of the dressing room' finger squarely in the direction of the players.

Momentum won them the league. Not Ranieri or the players.

It started well and just kept going. I rate Ranieri as a manager about as much as I rate Vardy as a striker. They are both average but contributed to an unforgettable season.

Sacking Ranieri is only a bad decision if they hire some chump, which they will.

Ridiculous post

I think it's ridiculous that some people now think Ranieri is a good manager. He's not. Something randomly amazing happened to them. It was deserved, yes but It was totally out of keeping with the standard of most of their squad.

The reaction has been mad. You'd think they had sent him off to dignitas for fucks sake. They haven't scored a league goal in 2017 and it's nearly March. Was he going to turn it around? Probably not.

What are the board supposed to do? Sit around and pray he turns it around? Regardless of his achievements last season, they probably rightly considered relegation as unacceptable and if they thought they were heading that way, then its obviously the right decision.

It's all contextual as well. Keeping up momentum with a group of already motivated played, sticking to a game plan, making sure players keep their cool in a title race is obviously a completely different skill set to motivating demotivated players, freshening up tired tactics, finding replacement players etc.

Benitez is prime example. Would you say he's a good manager? He's obviously good in the right situation but not in others and its the same with most managers. It's not as simple as good manager/bad manager.

Ranieri not a good manager :lol:

Fucking hell man. He's had a few pretty bad jobs like but last season was clearly all down to him.

He's not like. I'd have been gutted had we chosen him.

Winning the premiership won't make me assume he's a good manager.

so is that 2 years in a row the title winning manager has been sacked the season after?  :lol:

presume that's a supergiggs but i hadn't thought about it

Pellegrini is the only manager to finish the following season in the last 5 years after winning the league. :lol:

Momentum won them the league. Not Ranieri or the players.

It started well and just kept going. I rate Ranieri as a manager about as much as I rate Vardy as a striker. They are both average but contributed to an unforgettable season.

Sacking Ranieri is only a bad decision if they hire some chump, which they will.

Ridiculous post

I think it's ridiculous that some people now think Ranieri is a good manager. He's not. Something randomly amazing happened to them. It was deserved, yes but It was totally out of keeping with the standard of most of their squad.

He was a good manager long before he went to Leicester

Ranieri not a good manager :lol:

f***ing hell man. He's had a few pretty bad jobs like but last season was clearly all down to him.

He's not like. I'd have been gutted had we chosen him.

Winning the premiership won't make me assume he's a good manager.

In a world where people post the most ridiculous things on social media, to write that Ranieri is not a good manager after winning the title with Leicester is right up there.