The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Is he supposed to wait until he’s sacked to look for another job? Do people tell their employers that they’re looking for a new job?

The Spanish FA are nuts. This is a crazy decision.

He just signed a new contract with Spain.

They'll either implode or win it. Please make Ramos and Pique co managers

"Spain have named Under 21 boss Albert Celades as Julen Lopetegui's replacement following the new Real Madrid boss' sacking."

from Spaniards on reddit-

"Absolute tit."

"The coach who underachieved with our golden U21 team last year"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

"His biggest achievement so far was not qualifying to the Euro U21 in 2015 with a team that had Isco, Saúl, Morata, Sergi Roberto, Kepa, Muniain, Munir, Deulofeu..."

"He's like a guy who lied on his CV, but got the job regardles and now he just goes with the flow."

[emoji38] sounds good

Pretty sure the Spain players would just ignore him if he was really shit

Is he supposed to wait until he’s sacked to look for another job? Do people tell their employers that they’re looking for a new job?

The Spanish FA are nuts. This is a crazy decision.

He can obviously take the job, the issue comes with announcing it before hand.

You don't need to make it public, it's a massively dick move.

Again, he didnt. Until he was forced to.

Perez told Ramos, Ramos told other Real players. He found out. Decided to tell the whole squad as rumours were spreading in the dressing room.

http://www.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2018/06/12/5b2038a0468aeb9d2f8b46bb.html

The problem is not asking the Spanish FA for permission to speak to Real. The Spanish FA, if asked, would have said "Nah, fuck off until the Cup is over". If he then signed despite this, they would have sacked him anyway. That's the real dick move, not asking the FA first, and he paid a hefty price for it. Indeed, why didn't he foresee the possibility?

Fully understand the Spanish FA. Quite a sneaky thing of Lopetegui to do, securing a job without telling them he has intentions of leaving a job he's damn well lucky to have.

Also wondering if partisan/nationalism politics has anything to do with it. IIRC a big deal was made of the last super successful Spanish national team generation being united for once in terms of "Catalonian" and "Spanish" players pulling in the same direction. Having a national team manager confirmed as joining Madrid might be something that upsets the apple cart with regards to that, i.e. perceived favouritism or bias against Catalonian players, even if it's probably silly.

Apparently the break is more alongside the lines of "old guard" vs "young guard".

The whole shock and "unrest" in the squad which forced the announement was from the non Real players apparently.. so Spain go and appoint ex Real captain Hierro instead

Hierro is well-respected. His career as a manager is an anecdote, though, so not sure this is the best way to go.

The whole shock and "unrest" in the squad which forced the announement was from the non Real players apparently.. so Spain go and appoint ex Real captain Hierro instead

Hierro is well-respected. His career as a manager is an anecdote, though, so not sure this is the best way to go.

nah I know, it's just funny that the reason the announcement was made was to avoid it leaking.. and the reason it may have leaked is due to apparent "unrest" in the squad. We can only guess why they'd be uneasy but it surely has something to do with barca/real politics.. then they go appoint ex Real player instead

That's so fucking stupid, I understand the poletics involved but sacking this close kills any realistic challenge for Spain unfortunately. FFS when England get knocked out, I get to say I'm half Spanish so have another chance to actually follow the games with interest. They just fucked that up :(

The Robson situation was very much different. Robson acted with loyalty and honour in every job he had. He didn’t go behind England’s back. England had told him they weren’t renewing his contract so he secured another job. I know it looks similar but it’s really a lazy comparison

It really isn't - because I specifically said it was a mirror - so the reflected image wouldn't be the same.

In this instance, the manager stiffed the country. In Robson's the country stiffed the manager.

In both, however - the team did/would be aware that the manager was leaving.

That's so fucking stupid, I understand the poletics involved but sacking this close kills any realistic challenge for Spain unfortunately. FFS when England get knocked out, I get to say I'm half Spanish so have another chance to actually follow the games with interest. They just fucked that up :(

Most of the guys in the Spain squad are serial winners. This doesn't make them winning it unrealistic at all