The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Guest palnese

Why is getting Guardiola being portrayed as such a coup for Man City, a club with limitless funds to spend on both his wages and whatever players he wants to add to an already ridiculously costly, talented and deep squad?

Well, it's a massive upgrade on their current manager. Pellegrini has not done very well there, has he?

You just seem to really dislike him for some reason man. Pretty good chance he'll win two Premier Leagues in three seasons there

Been terrible in Europe and let's face it, they should win the league with ease every year with the amount of money they spend. I'm not impressed at all with the job he's done there.. Don't really care about what he's done in his previous jobs.

Why is getting Guardiola being portrayed as such a coup for Man City, a club with limitless funds to spend on both his wages and whatever players he wants to add to an already ridiculously costly, talented and deep squad?

Well, it's a massive upgrade on their current manager. Pellegrini has not done very well there, has he?

You just seem to really dislike him for some reason man. Pretty good chance he'll win two Premier Leagues in three seasons there

Been terrible in Europe

All I had to read. :lol: FFS ope.

Actually, nvm, should've read it all because I thought you were talking about Pep.  :crazy2:

Guest palnese

Terrible in Europe is a massive exaggeration. Got knocked out by Barca the last two years and will probably get to at least a quarter final this year

For a club with an unlimited amount of money it's awful.

I hate Mourinho with a passion but he won the Champions League with Porto so not exactly the same as Guardiola

but then again Porto was the biggest (or at least one of the biggest clubs in Portugal) portuguese club at that time. I am talking about a mid-/ or lower table club without a lot of money to spend. I mean his Porto team was: P. Ferreira, Costinha, Deco, Conceicao, McCarthy, Derlei, Maniche, Bosingwa just to name a few.

And how many of those players were either nobodies, bench warmers or signed from mid table Pourtegese clubs for peanuts when Mourinho showed up? I think winning the Champions League with Benni McCarthy as one of your lead strikers is an achievement in itself.

Also, outside of Deco and the one's who followed Mourinho to Chelsea, how many of that squad actually achieved anything after 2005?

Edgaras Jankauskas went on to win the Scottish Cup with Hearts you mad cunt.

Terrible in Europe is a massive exaggeration. Got knocked out by Barca the last two years and will probably get to at least a quarter final this year

Fucking awful losing to Barcelona two years in a row like

They've looked pretty ordinary in it tbf.

Not terrible or awful though

City have never exactly looked convincing under him, they won the league only after Liverpool completely bottled it at the final hurdle and the CL record is average at best, then again they seem incapable of having a proper defense when Kompanys injured whether thats down to Pellegrini or bad signings by the director of football or both :dontknow:

f***ing awful losing to Barcelona two years in a row like

Worth noting that they've always had either Bayern or Real in the group stage due to their low seeding. This year's the first that they've managed to dodge either, but were still stuck with Juventus.

f***ing awful losing to Barcelona two years in a row like

Worth noting that they've always had either Bayern or Real in the group stage due to their low seeding. This year's the first that they've managed to dodge either, but were still stuck with Juventus.

Aye its basically the exact average you would expect them to do given their groups and playing Barca twice. Don't think Guardiola would've got any further in the circumstances

I thought he might've took the Man Utd job, seeing as that's always been his desire.

madness from their side not to push like lunatics to get him imo, LvG's shitfest only has another year to run then they'll need someone

The joke club in Manchester is now United. What a turnaround.

Guest Howaythetoon

He was an idiot for going there anyway, there was fuck all he could have done to fix that sorry mess. He will go back to France and pick up a cushy number and have to rebuild his reputation once more before he gets another crack at the PL. Too dour for my liking anyway.

He was an idiot for going there anyway, there was f*** all he could have done to fix that sorry mess. He will go back to France and pick up a cushy number and have to rebuild his reputation once more before he gets another crack at the PL. Too dour for my liking anyway.

It's a crap team but Villa should've went the Big Sam /Pearson route. They've a new team which si pretty crap.. then they got a new manager from France who needed to adapt to the league. Before they knew it - it's Jan and they're pretty much gone.

I think they'll pick up in this second half of the season as Garde / the team understand things better. Reckon at a point they'll look like they'll have half a chance of staying up. I can see them getting close to 18th / 19th but can't see them surpassing either.

:lol: Garde apparently "considering his future" after Villa bought no-one, according to the prick White.

He was on Sky yesterday saying he'd had extensive talks with Doumbia but the deal didn't get done and he ended up here. Looked pretty pissed mind.