The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Watford are a funny lot. they went through 3-4 managers last season and still got promoted

Extenuating circumstances to be fair. Oscar Garcia, who they brought in originally to replace Sannino, resigned weeks into the job due to a heart condition. Then there was the admittedly bizarre 'non-appointment' of Billy McKinley after the Pozzos had a sudden change of heart and sacked him after a day. Jokanovic was then in charge for most of the season but allegedly demanded an obscene pay rise for getting Watford promoted - the Pozzos promptly told him to jog on.

So yeah, the 3-4 manager thing looks worse than it is IMO - Garcia and Jokanovic would've stayed on for longer if the Pozzos had their way.

Listening to some of their fans on SSN, it's hard to criticise after the way other people say we should be grateful for Pardew, etc.

A few saying he made them a good defensive unit early on, and Deeney/Ighalo were still on a high and had the momentum from the previous season. Once they were found out, he struggled to change results. Fair enough if that's what the fans think, far too easy to see mid-table and a Semi Final.

I think you should always respect the views of a club's fans- after all they are on the ones who watch the team every week and can see developing trends.  Too many (especially the media) are quick to made judgements based on league positions, reputations and personal relationships with said manager but scarcely watch a team other than the 5 minute highlight.  We know that better than anyone.

I am really sorry for you. Let's try to come back next season. I'll hang around here through the next season anyway. :snod:

For one brief moment, I thought this was going to be the "every cloud" post.

I didn't get it.