Crash and burn after 15 games.

Guest neesy111

Sol Campbell in at Macclesfield.

This will end in one of two ways -

Crash and burn after 10 games

Crash and burn after 15 games.

Won tonight.

Guest Howaythetoon

There are valid arguments to the question Sol poses regarding racism and it’s worthy of debate, especially when you consider that the likes of Giggs, Carrick, Terry, Gerrard, Lampard et al have all been given jobs as coaches or managers at various high levels despite a lack of experience. But then I look at one black ex top level player in Sol vs 5 or more white ex top level players looking to get jobs within the game in terms of numbers and it’s statistically obvious the white man is going to be represented more.

I do feel race is still an issue though in football outside of playing and something whether institutionally or not is a mountain somoene like Sol Campbell despite his career faces that non black’s will face or ever will when it comes to coaching, management or other roles in the game at clubs, within the FA or even at grassroots level.

Sol doesn’t help his own cause or that of others by playing the race card though in the manner he has and if he has to start at a Macclesfield and not a Derby or a Rangers because he’s black the best way forward for him and other non whites is by going in there and proving himself and being a trailblazer for change, opportunity, reform and above all else an inspiration in the way Cyril Regis was for example and Sol himself as a player no doubt was. If that’s the only way it’s better than no way.

I hope he does well and his success or even experience opens the doors for others. A lot of former black players have said they won’t even try to get into management or coaching because they will be overlooked in favour of white people, but I find that just as bad as racism or as damaging because by accepting that you do a great deal of diservice to those that follow.

Sol is in a privileged position because he can help change things, he can influence attitudes and mindsets and lead the way for others and help open doors and bring down barriers. For him he has to succeed you feel which isn’t fair, but life isn’t fair, again though he is in a position where he can help make life a bit fairer, for ex black players wanting to get into management and coaching.

In an ideal world skin colour wouldn’t even factor, but that’s not the case sadly and despite the huge shift in attitudes and mindsets over the years, racism does exist in football and favours a Gerrard managing Rangers over a Sol right now, but someone like Sol can help change all that. He can’t do it on his own though.

And Kenny will take over as manager in 2020 which the fai have actually confirmed which why the fuck would you ever announce that, sure you could have that as a plan but don't fucking announce it

Public succession planning happens quite frequently in sports, especially these days?

Beats two years of rumour and innuendo and uncertainty for the clubs and players involved.

And Kenny will take over as manager in 2020 which the fai have actually confirmed which why the fuck would you ever announce that, sure you could have that as a plan but don't fucking announce it

Public succession planning happens quite frequently in sports, especially these days?

Beats two years of rumour and innuendo and uncertainty for the clubs and players involved.

I just don't get why you'd ever tie yourself down like that almost 2 years in advance, just appoint the guy you actually want. Nor does this fix the fundamental problem that the underage structures in Ireland are woefully inadequate and we're basically depending on english clubs to produce Irish players

Guest neesy111

Dyche under pressure?

I’d say not. He’s took them down before and they’ve stuck with him. Their transfer window suggests they had no desire to push on either.

Spent a net £50m more than us still. :lol:

Dyche under pressure?

I’d say not. He’s took them down before and they’ve stuck with him. Their transfer window suggests they had no desire to push on either.

Spent a net £50m more than us still. :lol:

On what, more men to find the halflings?

Guest firetotheworks

Argh! Annoying. I thought the 2-2 and their ridiculous persistence with Pellegrino might have kept him going for at least another couple of weeks.