The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Chelsea have new owners, saying he’ll be gone in a year or two is like blaming Stavely for Ashley’s faults.  With the speed they’ve gone for Potter, it feels more like Boehly wanted to make his own appointment and had already decided on Potter. 

As for Potter taking it, you’d imagine he would be confident enough in his own abilities that he would be successful.  

Urgh. Was really hoping that would drag on and Tuchel would completely poison the place.

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Potter would be out of his fucking mind to go somewhere with the short-term trigger happy set up that Chelsea has. 

I’m not so sure. Boehly hasn’t been there that long and it’s clear that Tuchel and he (and maybe humanity in general) are wildly incompatible. We have enough evidence to see that Boehly et al are happy to throw money at a problem, but I think there’s still a chance that they stick with a manager. Just not Tuchel. Because, you know, he’s a weirdo.

1 minute ago, Troll said:

Chelsea have new owners, saying he’ll be gone in a year or two is like blaming Stavely for Ashley’s faults.  With the speed they’ve gone for Potter, it feels more like Boehly wanted to make his own appointment and had already decided on Potter. 

As for Potter taking it, you’d imagine he would be confident enough in his own abilities that he would be successful.  

Their new owner looks like he's bringing in a more extreme version of the Chelsea model based on what he's done so far: choosing players himself, paying way over the odds, attempting to sign players with little rhyme or reason, sacking Tuchel early on.

I had a funny feeling when they were 0-1 down to West Ham at the weekend that if Tuchel doesn't string some results soon, never know how their new American owner would react, especially with the amount of money they splashed for new signings.

They're a mess and losing to Zagreb was proof of it. Missing a Russian billionaire Chleski fans?

13 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

SSN reckon signing were by 'the recruitment team' not necessarily all Tuchel's targets. So they were probably signing them anyway, regardless of manager.

Fair enough I suppose, but doesn’t necessarily bode well for continuity. Unless they believe Potter is more suitable to the players they already have. 

Interesting anyway, big blow to Brighton which is good in the short term. 

Just now, Troll said:

Potter doesn’t seem like the kind of manager you’d bring in for a short term fix.  I think he’ll get time, like Arteta has.  

It’s nice to see a manager who has worked his way up the leagues, learned his craft rather than been equipped to play real life fantasy football, get a chance at the highest level. He might also help with their PR/appalling public image. 

2 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Brighton. Losing Ashworth and now Potter.

Really interesting test of their model this.

I was told they always have a plan in place for replacing their key positions. See David Weir coming in 'ready made' to replace Ashworth.

Be very interesting to see who they bring in for the Potter replacement. Wouldn't be surprised if its someone who's 'up and coming' or a bit from left field as they probably monitor coaches globally as part of their model.

Just now, Minhosa said:

Really interesting test of their model this.

I was told they always have a plan in place for replacing their key positions. See David Weir coming in 'ready made' to replace Ashworth.

Be very interesting to see who they bring in for the Potter replacement. Wouldn't be surprised if its someone who's 'up and coming' or a bit from left field as they probably monitor coaches globally as part of their model.

Must feel like a right kick in the nuts though.