The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

I feel so sorry for wenger. Guy has done so much for their club and is treated like shit. Hope he leaves with them in champions league position and they never make it again for 10 years ungrateful pricks

I feel so sorry for wenger. Guy has done so much for their club and is treated like s***. Hope he leaves with them in champions league position and they never make it again for 10 years ungrateful pricks

What he's done for the club is irrelevant when he's clearly been past his sell by date for at least 3 years, i'm sure most Arsenal fans respect what he's done for them ( ones i know do anyway) but it's time for everyone to move on.

Will never understand this attitude that he's a legend for past achievements so he's exempt from criticism in the present where he's clearly not doing his job properly.

Guest Howaythetoon

They have a right to want better, but it's embarrassing and disrespectful the way they have went on about it. He deserves better than that. Mind, Wenger needs to put the future of Arsenal first and should step aside because the club have stagnated and are not competing at the level they should be and that's mainly down to him.

Guest Howaythetoon

Had SBR stayed on for longer, I have no doubt he would have been treated the same way.

I don't think he would of because back then social media which is an arm of media fans now control and practically make happen wasn't what it is today. There might have been some boos and some banners, but no large scale protest or even small scale protest. That and I think Sir Bobby would be the type to step aside if he thought he'd lost the fans as he knew the fans are the most important part in it all.

Ok Arsenal haven't won the league for 10 years, but they have won the FA Cup twice in recent years.

If it wasn't for Arsenal fans brushing off the recent cup wins and not acknowledging that their league wins are still fairly recent and all that is down to Wenger then I would understand their need for change more.

When a set of fans think they are entitled to success (and in the case of Arsenal fans picking the type of success and brushing off Cup success) then I lose respect for them. Us Newcastle fans get called deluded for simply wanting to compete, yet Arsenal fans demand success and they get the majority of the football world agreeing with them and running out the man who built the club for them.

I think it's pretty clear to most that it would be ridiculous for Wenger to sign a new deal. He completely the transformed the club, all whilst winning trophies at the same time but both he and Arsenal have needed to head in opposite directions for the last couple of year minimum.

The fans are now starting to turn their protests into a hate campaign against him which should never be the case after what he's achieved. I'll be gobsmacked if they finish top 5 this year and even further so if he does sign a new deal after it.

Ok Arsenal haven't won the league for 10 years, but they have won the FA Cup twice in recent years.

If it wasn't for Arsenal fans brushing off the recent cup wins and not acknowledging that their league wins are still fairly recent and all that is down to Wenger then I would understand their need for change more.

When a set of fans think they are entitled to success (and in the case of Arsenal fans picking the type of success and brushing off Cup success) then I lose respect for them. Us Newcastle fans get called deluded for simply wanting to compete, yet Arsenal fans demand success and they get the majority of the football world agreeing with them and running out the man who built the club for them.

Wenger did great things for Arsenal sure but those great things are all 10 years or more in the past. No other club that is serious about trying to compete for trophies would have kept him this long and Arsenal should be competing for the league and doing better in the champions league. Hell I think Arsenal fans have been remarkably patient as its only in the last few years the calls for Wenger to leave have seriously started.

Wenger did great things for Arsenal sure but those great things are all 10 years or more in the past. No other club that is serious about trying to compete for trophies would have kept him this long and Arsenal should be competing for the league and doing better in the champions league. Hell I think Arsenal fans have been remarkably patient as its only in the last few years the calls for Wenger to leave have seriously started.

Is winning 2 of the last 3 FA cups not great or is it not great because it's Arsenal? And if second place isn't competing than what is everyone else doing?

Arsenal were never in the title race after Christmas last season, man. They haven't genuinely competed for the title for well over 10 years and I completely understand their fans being frustrated and resorting to desperate stuff like banners. The message could be a little more respectful, obviously.

In recent years Chelsea and Man U have fallen off significantly and Arsenal have completely failed to capitalise, allowing bleeding Leicester to go on ahead of them and win a title. It's embarrassing man. At this point I can't blame the fans.

They are still getting bullied by set piece thuggery outfits like West Brom ... I mean really? It's 2017 guys. Sam Allardyce was doing this mess to them back in his Bolton days. Wenger has driven the fans to madness, he really has.

In recent years Chelsea and Man U have fallen off significantly and Arsenal have completely failed to capitalise, allowing bleeding Leicester to go on ahead of them and win a title. It's embarrassing man. At this point I can't blame the fans.

They are still getting bullied by set piece thuggery outfits like West Brom ... I mean really? It's 2017 guys. Sam Allardyce was doing this mess to them back in his Bolton days. Wenger has driven the fans to madness, he really has.

:thup:

Wenger is determined to throw away his legacy, like. This is likely the year they miss out on top 4 too. Can't believe he's not only still there but has the audacity to stay another year.

Even as a neutral I want him to go just so the Arsenal fans can stop their civil war.

Guest neesy111

I'm hoping Wenger has seen of the paradories on YouTube and is just doing some high quality trolling.

It's quality trolling.