The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

Ok Arsenal haven't won the league for 10 years, but they have won the FA Cup twice in recent years.

If it wasn't for Arsenal fans brushing off the recent cup wins and not acknowledging that their league wins are still fairly recent and all that is down to Wenger then I would understand their need for change more.

When a set of fans think they are entitled to success (and in the case of Arsenal fans picking the type of success and brushing off Cup success) then I lose respect for them. Us Newcastle fans get called deluded for simply wanting to compete, yet Arsenal fans demand success and they get the majority of the football world agreeing with them and running out the man who built the club for them.

Wenger did great things for Arsenal sure but those great things are all 10 years or more in the past. No other club that is serious about trying to compete for trophies would have kept him this long and Arsenal should be competing for the league and doing better in the champions league. Hell I think Arsenal fans have been remarkably patient as its only in the last few years the calls for Wenger to leave have seriously started.

Is winning 2 of the last 3 FA cups not great or is it not great because it's Arsenal? And if second place isn't competing than what is everyone else doing?

Winning FA cups is good but not great these days, hell Van Gaal was sacked 2 days after he won it last season so that shows how highly clubs at the top end view it. As for the second as others said they wernt competing for the title seriously post christmas and they were second in a season where man city and utd majorly regressed, liverpool were nowhere and Chelsea imploded. It was the perfect opportunity to win the title but instead they finish with less points than they have since 2012

Guest firetotheworks

You could say the same about Spurs as well like, they threw it away. But aye, both of them failing to win the league when Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool and Man United were all floundering, and it being Leicester that did it, was all just magic like.

You could say the same about Spurs as well like, they threw it away. But aye, both of them failing to win the league when Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool and Man United were all floundering, and it being Leicester that did it, was all just magic like.

yep spurs completely choked last season. I'd argue Arsenals failure is greater due to the larger resources available to Wenger but missed opportunity for Spurs.

Guest neesy111

I was listening to the Game Podcast earlier and they absolutely ripped Arsenal and how they are ran behind the scenes.

It's pretty obvious that Wenger has complete power at Arsenal and will only leave when he wants to.

Yep. He'll decide when he wants to go and not the owner or anyone on the board has the courage to tell him otherwise. Frankly it wouldn't surprise me if Wenger was the one deciding how much he'll get paid

Arsenal just seem like a higher-level version of what we were*.  Whereas we were* happy to finish 17th and spend as little as possible they seemingly are happy to finish 4th spending as little as possible.

*We could still be the same, time will tell should we be promoted.

I think that's about right and they should state that they will be having Wengers involvement in who will be his successor. Let him have the opportunity to walk away dignified and potentially to win a cup and leave his decent image in tact. He's done wonders for that club.