The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - Brighton appoint Fabian Hurzeler / Ten Hag to stay at Man Utd

cp40

28 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Wonder if he'd hang around to see how England do at the Euros.

My sense is that he isn't a fucking pansy and lick arse in the same way Southgate and his band of bootlickers are and, in a sense, wouldn't be bending the knee at every available opportunity. 

He'd be more likely to take the Wales job if it's an international gig imo, but I think he'd easily do well at a midtable PL side.

Edited by toon25

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’ve got the same feeling for Nagalseman if he gets it.

I like him a bit more. Think he's more versatile with his tactics and formations.

But even then could also see him perhaps flop too, yeah.

They could very easily get it wrong again, which would be awesome!

Are there still many players there from Lampard's first stint? I can't work out if it would be better or worse either way.

I suppose they're just looking at it as a short term solution with someone who has a connection to the club for more of an emotional boost than genuine managerial quality. Could go either way. And I hope that way is complete and utter abject failure that leaves them finishing in the bottom half.

20 hours ago, gbandit said:

Has this been one of the worst seasons for new manager bounces / quality replacements? De Zerbi has been good but who else?

Emery for sure

Lopetegui, Gracia, Dyche, O’Neil and Selles have improved the teams from what seemed like hopeless situations.

I am not sold on Nagelsmann either, takes a special kind of poor management to not have Munich running away with the league title, got knocked out by Villareal in the champions league last season as well. I hope he ends up at Chelsea or Spurs.

Edited by Geogaddi

25 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Nagelsmann gives me AVB vibes

Yeah, maybe. I could kind of see it ending up similarly for him.

Edited by KaKa

Nagelsmann would be a terrible appointment and a bit similar to Potter. He wasn’t able to connect with or establish authority over the dressing room at Bayern and it would be the same story at somewhere like Chelsea. 

He’s just not ready for these types of clubs yet.

Best possible appointment would be someone like Ancelotti coming back.

Probably an incredibly unpopular opinion but think Lampard overall did okay at Chelsea.

Obviously Tuchel’s impact illustrated the gulf in managerial quality. But Lampard did get top 4 and a cup final in his first season.

In a way, he was totally fucked over by Chelsea signing big-money talents - Werner and Havertz, that were just clearly not his picks at all.

Chelsea were right to get rid though.