The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

Potter would be the most logical but maybe the ownership will be looking for a bigger name to satisfy the fanbase. I feel Potter has earned a shot at one of the big boys, harsh on Brighton if he did leave though as no obvious candidate and they have had such a strong start to the season!

17 minutes ago, Sima said:

That's what Twitter is saying.  Why sell Gilmour to Chelsea if that's the plan?

What? Gilmour went from Chelsea ?

Edited by gdm

I think Potter would be eaten up and spat out within a year or so by Chelsea. 

Yes it would be an opportunity but Chelsea don’t have much of a reputation for allowing time. New owner seems the same as the old. 

It will be awful for Brighton to lose him after their start.

Just now, gbandit said:

Class, love a bit of club turmoil. Hope they fuck up the appointment badly and absolutely collapse 

It's a huge appointment. I hope they make a terrible appointment that flops. Probably will be that German manager that eats his boogers.

They've already made a complete mess of recruitment this summer, so they are teetering on the edge of disaster IMO. Imagine letting Lukaku leave on loan only to end up sacking Tuchel afterwards.

26 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Tbh I’ve been unimpressed with Tuchel for a while. He looked great when turning around Lampard’s mess, but last season was nothing more than average, and the early signs this season are that they’re in a fight to finish top 4. That said, I would still have given him more time because he is obviously a good manager.

My thoughts exactly.

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

In 18 months won the Champions League, Super Cup and Club World Cup, plus three domestic finals. 4th and 3rd PL finishes. 

SACKED. :lol:

It's absolutely insane. Especially given their transfer business this summer as well. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

In 18 months won the Champions League, Super Cup and Club World Cup, plus three domestic finals. 4th and 3rd PL finishes. 

SACKED. :lol:

I agree with you and I think most Chelsea fans would too. 

But they have been playing some really bleak stuff so far this season. 

Chelsea probably dodge the bullet with this as Tuchel is notoriously very hard person to work with.

I was very happy when he was appointed after Klopp at BVB. Definitely the best man for the job at that point and very exciting future ahead with him. However he only did well for one season and the second season was just full of bad decisions, odd tactical decisions and fighting with the board. He did win the German Cup which was obviously great archievement but he still got sacked because he was so difficult person to work with.

He’s excellent cup manager and could do really well at managing national team but in long-term he makes everyone tired around him. I think that is the reason he got sacked (again). He throws everyone around him under the bus as excuse for his behaviour.

Edited by Elephant

Chelsea just seem like a basket case club when it comes to managers. Man City at least have a bit of consistency and identity about them now because of Pep and the time he's had there - Chelsea just chop and change without any direction it seems