The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Why doesn't Levy just say "I'll give you £120 million to spend but you wages comes out of that as well,  but you must get top 6 and a cup semi" that'll sort the men from the boys 

Being reported now that our Manager Russel Martin is about to go to Southampton (although no approach has been made, not sure how that works). Whether this story is true or not I don't know, its been rumbling for a few day now though, I think we'll lose Martin soon as it appears his agent has been linking him everywhere.

Not sure what to think really, we ended really well but at some point we went on a run of about 25 games with 3 wins, we'd all have been glad to see the back of him at that time. The number of games lost due to messing about at the back, suicidal defending and goal kicks, plus losing to goals in injury time. Playing players out of position where they are not suited to play.

Playing 3 at the back, a system we don't have the players to play, losing games because of this with the defense in calamity. Then changing to a more familiar defensive shape, winning a few then going back to 3 again. 

Actually I do know what to think, roll on the next manager.

30 minutes ago, Groo said:

Being reported now that our Manager Russel Martin is about to go to Southampton (although no approach has been made, not sure how that works). Whether this story is true or not I don't know, its been rumbling for a few day now though, I think we'll lose Martin soon as it appears his agent has been linking him everywhere.

Not sure what to think really, we ended really well but at some point we went on a run of about 25 games with 3 wins, we'd all have been glad to see the back of him at that time. The number of games lost due to messing about at the back, suicidal defending and goal kicks, plus losing to goals in injury time. Playing players out of position where they are not suited to play.

Playing 3 at the back, a system we don't have the players to play, losing games because of this with the defense in calamity. Then changing to a more familiar defensive shape, winning a few then going back to 3 again. 

Actually I do know what to think, roll on the next manager.

To this unknowledgeable outsider, it does seem strange that a three year career consisting of mid-table finishes with MK Dons and Swansea before getting tapped up by one of the main expected promotion challengers. 

What have your expectations been at Swansea these past couple of years, as I would have expected your lot to still be gunning for promotion?

21 hours ago, wormy said:

To this unknowledgeable outsider, it does seem strange that a three year career consisting of mid-table finishes with MK Dons and Swansea before getting tapped up by one of the main expected promotion challengers. 

What have your expectations been at Swansea these past couple of years, as I would have expected your lot to still be gunning for promotion?

We'd love promotion as would any team, our chance passed us really though, rather than keep our Prem players we sold them the first year down, since then our team has slowly been weakened as seasons go by. Be great to go up again but can't see it.

On 19/05/2023 at 12:12, SUPERTOON said:

It doesnt matter who they appoint, whilst 'Daniel' is hanging around the training ground day after day acting like some sort of all powerful overlord, they're going to continue to under deliver.

Kane must also surely fuck off this summer.

39 minutes ago, brummie said:

It doesnt matter who they appoint, whilst 'Daniel' is hanging around the training ground day after day acting like some sort of all powerful overlord, they're going to continue to under deliver.

Kane must also surely fuck off this summer.

Kane must surely see the writing on the wall regarding his club (and Levy). This is his last chance to win trophies- he won’t get that at Spurs. The only reason he didn’t leave last time was because Levy wouldn’t let him- just can’t see him staying there this summer at all, unless he gets some Mbappe like power deal. 

22 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

How on earth have Wolves fucked it so bad?

Losing Nunes at a cut price due to contract 
Nunes being completely underwhelming and probably not increasing in value. 
Signing a new striker who does his ACL in the first game. 
Signing Guedes for £30m on a 5 year deal and him being so underwhelming that he was loaned out after 6 months. 
Loan to buy Cuhna who has 2 goals in 20. 

I think they banked on their businesses being much more successful. Now they are left with their most saleable asset probably going for much less than his worth and certainly less than the cost of a replacement.