The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

1 minute ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Think I’ve said before, they remind me a lot of Leeds, trying to appoint a young progressive manager and signing some quite highly rated players (in their price bracket anyway) and then just absolutely bombing. 

As an observation...(and this is very much for debate), one could argue it's yet another American owner coming in and trying to make 'football' decisions when they have such limited knowledge about the game and it's culture.

On 07/10/2023 at 18:40, Optimistic Nut said:

I think they'll get it right if they don't panic. Was impressed by their recruitment in the summer. 

I didn't realise a few of their main money signings this summer haven't kicked a ball for them yet. Scott & Adams for example. 

Still going off the highlights last night they looked god awful against Everton. 

Was licking my lips looking forward to our game against them.

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

6th in the league after thrashing a local rival in the derby? :lol:

They’re two points off third! 

That’s incredibly harsh but they must feel they needed to move for Rooney if he was available. Would be funny if they plummeted like. 

8 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

6th in the league after thrashing a local rival in the derby? :lol:

Very strange, they've new American owners don't they ? Typical American things to do... get rid of there manager whose doing a good job and replace him with a big name... i.e  Rooney. Eustace is front runner for the rangers Job now apparently 

Very curious to see how Rooney gets on if he comes back to England; got a lot of time for him these days and he was unlucky at Derby. No idea what (to an outsider) his poor performance at DC says about him, like. 

If he does areet I can see him in the England dugout one day. 

57 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

They’re two points off third! 

That’s incredibly harsh but they must feel they needed to move for Rooney if he was available. Would be funny if they plummeted like. 

Can only have Brewcy lined up for a triumphant return as he guides them from promotion favourites with great team harmony to relegation candidates in record time, with secret moles around every corner waiting to sabotage him as he tells the media “what do you expect, we’re Birmingham City”

1 hour ago, GavMcEl said:

Very strange, they've new American owners don't they ? Typical American things to do... get rid of there manager whose doing a good job and replace him with a big name... i.e  Rooney. Eustace is front runner for the rangers Job now apparently 

When has this happened?

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

The Bournemouth transfer approach doesn't work imo. Not to sound all Brexity but too young, too little English football experience.

Unfortunately (with all due respect to them) the smaller clubs can’t really afford anything resembling a quality English player nowadays. We get lambasted for “overpaying” for British players but it’s been a cornerstone of our success.

I do hope we mix it up more with players from the French league though. Seem to always find success when they come to PL.