The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

I hate them and I'm a pessimist so I can see this working in their favour, get Alonso in before anyone else has an opportunity to pounce for him. Offload Salah to Saudi at the perfect time for 200m and Alonso gets to rebuild the team as he wants it. One year of transition and then by year 2 they're humming. Don't have any doubts that Alonso will be a top coach. PL will be dominated by Spaniards or thereabouts.

26 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Does he really have a massive connection to them though? Surely he'd have his eye on succeeding Ancelotti if he's ambitious no?

"Even while playing at Real Madrid, Alonso has declared himself a Liverpool supporter and returns to watch games at Anfield when his schedule allows. He was quoted in The Times Online in 2011 as saying, "I am still a Liverpool fan and will be forever, absolutely" and that he will raise his Liverpool-born son as a Red supporter"

Wikipedia

Well that was a surprise. Perhaps he’s reflected on recent ‘enragements’ and decided he’s had enough/isn’t being the best version of himself anymore. That said, nowt much wrong results or performance wise. Perhaps best to go leaving people wanting more. 

This thread is laughable 

Complete lack of self awareness with regards to Keegan/ Rafa

When one of the best ever premier league managers is leaving unexpectedly of course it will be big news

No wonder our fanbase is a laughing stock 

1 minute ago, tgarve said:

This thread is laughable 

When one of the best ever premier league managers is leaving unexpectedly of course it will be big news

:lol: 

3 minutes ago, tgarve said:

This thread is laughable 

image.thumb.png.12f82b0c0f35e2e73f061a050e9dbf6e.png

1 minute ago, tgarve said:

This thread is laughable 

Klopp can't be compared to Rafa or Keegan so I don't know where the correlation is. Klopp has been unnecessarily disrespectful towards us since the takeover so he can get to fuck and so can his arse kissing fans/media.

22 minutes ago, tgarve said:

This thread is laughable 

OOOH, I think somebody is ready for their Friday night Baileys

I think it's possible both to admire his influence on the English game and his undoubted talent, but at the same time to hold him a bawling manchild of the first order

41 minutes ago, tgarve said:

This thread is laughable 

Keegan and Rafa aren't cunts, though.

Talk sport has been a crease.

Liverpool fans ringing up actually crying, not whinging, full on crying.

One guy wrote a poem.

The best has to be the guy who entered the quiz. You get 5 questions, £100 for each right answer, if you get £500 they double it to £1,000.

Anyway this one guy got on, he’s proper down because he’s a Liverpool fan. He gets the first 4 answers correct, the 1st 2 being Liverpool questions. The Presenter actually says the answer as he reads out the question, of which they laugh about.

The guy still gets the answer wrong.

The presenter says you’ve got £400, is that ok? He mutters ‘No’.

Absolutely gold.

Edited by Stifler

3 hours ago, Nine said:

Unlikeable when he’s not on your side, but the best coach in world football imo. Liverpool heading into a bit of a transition phase (they are heading that way anyway, with key players getting older or leaving) would be good for a season or two, expect they will aim to bring someone in that favours a high press rather than rip it all up and start again.. 

He’s not the best in the world like. They have spent about the same as Man City, and he’s beat them to 1 title in all that time. He’s absolutely lost the mental battle with Pep, and tried to pick battles with other managers who just haven’t even responded. Over the last 2 years he’s fell further, and further down the lunatic rambling hole, and everyone could see what was coming. To be honest he’s lucky that SAF wasn’t around when he was, because he would have finished him in his first 2/3 seasons.

18 minutes ago, OpenC said:

I think it's possible both to admire his influence on the English game and his undoubted talent, but at the same time to hold him a bawling manchild of the first order

Had Liverpool on TV the other night. The camera cut to him every 2 minutes. Didn't realise he had his own personal 4th official. 

5 hours ago, Skeletor said:

Predictably embarrassing reaction from Liverpool fans and the scouse-edia

Pro: fans in tears

Con: media in tears

Can I get through the rest of the season just watching recorded games:highlights and skipping past anything that even hints at Liverpool?

SSN has pretty much been LFCTV for the last 7 hours, there not reporting on anything else aside from him and going through his highlights etc [emoji38]

You'd think he'd fucking died, coverage of Sky News when the Queen died wasn't as sickening as this

9 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Talk sport has been a crease.

Liverpool fans ringing up actually crying, not whinging, full on crying.

One guy wrote a poem.

That’s a challenge:

There was an fake scouser called Klopp

Who was always throwing childish strops

He had great pearly whites

But his patter was shite

And thank Christ his reign’s come to a stop.

28 minutes ago, Stifler said:

He’s not the best in the world like. They have spent about the same as Man City, and he’s beat them to 1 title in all that time. He’s absolutely lost the mental battle with Pep, and tried to pick battles with other managers who just haven’t even responded. Over the last 2 years he’s fell further, and further down the lunatic rambling hole, and everyone could see what was coming. To be honest he’s lucky that SAF wasn’t around when he was, because he would have finished him in his first 2/3 seasons.

It’s not as simple as just comparing the spending, Liverpool were in a big transition phase and their squad needed a rebuild when Klopp arrived. Pep inherited a side that had won 2 PLs in the preceding 4 seasons yet Klopp came in and re established Liverpool as a top 2 club in the country after seasons of general regression since Rafa, first CL win in 15 years and PL in 30.

As coaches they are comparable imo, they both massively improve players and get the best out of them but I’d argue that Klopp has had more out of the sum of its parts of his Liverpool sides than Pep has out of his. Klopp just about takes it for me. Pointless argument comparing Ferguson, football has changed enough since 2013 so much so that its a non starter and we’ll never know.

Anyway, these ‘who’s better’ discussions are a bit silly anyway without being able to compare identical situation and circumstances with another but we will all have our own opinions.

Edited by Nine