The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - De Zerbi dezertin' Brighton

cp40

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Why are Hammers fans anti-Lopetegui? Wasn't he onto a really good thing with Wolves until they pissed around?

Presumably because the style of football his teams play isn't " The West Ham Way".

Edited by Geogaddi

34 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I get that you all love to have a giggle when rival clubs aren't doing too well, but what do you mean why? :lol: 

He's a successful manager who's having a bad season, and it's not like it's a bad season with no reasoning. He's won a trophy in 4 out of the last 5 seasons. He's also managed the Bayern B team.

He'd walk the Bundesliga with Bayern.

Is Alonso leaving Leverkusen?

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

I get that you all love to have a giggle when rival clubs aren't doing too well, but what do you mean why? :lol: 

He's a successful manager who's having a bad season, and it's not like it's a bad season with no reasoning. He's won a trophy in 4 out of the last 5 seasons. He's also managed the Bayern B team.

He'd walk the Bundesliga with Bayern.

He was a successful manager at Ajax, but the jury is still out on him being a successful manager not at Ajax

I know you'll point to winning the League Cup last season, but this season you've got no pattern of play and incredibly lucky to have as many points as you are as well as some very iffy signings for big money

You'll point to injuries but I think that only goes so far when your team are dreadful in pretty much every game

BAyern could do better imo

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

You'll point to injuries but I think that only goes so far when your team are dreadful in pretty much every game

Of course I will. Our best press resistant defenders who can play with the ball have been injured for large parts of the season.

Think it's mental to write off a manager after one bad season is all.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Geogaddi said:

Presumably because the style of football his teams play isn't " The West Ham Way".

But Moyesball was fine?

I don't even know what the West Ham way is supposed to be. They've always played a poor standard of football for as long as I've been following football since the early 90s.

Edited by Skeletor

1 minute ago, Skeletor said:

But Moyesball was fine?

I don't think it was fine, that's why they want Moyes gone

1 hour ago, Geogaddi said:

And once again what is this West Ham way....in my life they've generally played some of the dullest games I've seen surpassed only by Crystal Palace (which have required paper aeroplane assistance in the past) and possibly Fulham

It seems to be hard on Moyes, they have been doing better than their squad/budget suggests each season and even won a trophy. The top 8 right now are all teams you would expect them to be worse than, so them being best of the rest is decent.

Still, you also want a board/director to have visions, and if that vision doesn't include Moyes, that is reasonable. So let's see. Might get better for them, but could also get back to being a yoyo club.

13 minutes ago, NoU said:

It seems to be hard on Moyes, they have been doing better than their squad/budget suggests each season and even won a trophy. The top 8 right now are all teams you would expect them to be worse than, so them being best of the rest is decent.

Still, you also want a board/director to have visions, and if that vision doesn't include Moyes, that is reasonable. So let's see. Might get better for them, but could also get back to being a yoyo club.

They're only best if the rest though via a bit of a false position. 

Same with Man Utd. 

16 minutes ago, NoU said:

They've won a trophy and are challenging for Europe....what more do they want entitled p****s

11 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

They've won a trophy and are challenging for Europe....what more do they want entitled p****s

Not to be conceding 5 goals every week?

4 hours ago, joeyt said:

Sorry but you got a British record transfer fee for him, you can't still be harking back to him when you're conceding 5 goals every game

It's the managers job to find solutions to injuries, suspensions etc never mind getting £100mil for one player which you can reinvest 

This is a terrible look from Moyes man. 

He spent a decent amount off the back of the Rice sale, and has got some decent players at the club.

So you can't manage the club effectively without Declan Rice?!

Ridiculous.

Those comments will have  done wonders for his relationship with Edson Alvarez, Moyes is on the way out and he knows it imo. 

Not sure who they turn to next though, the market for a team in their position isn’t exactly filled with talent at the moment.

Not sure why people are having a dig a moyes. He's being replaced against his will and the next manager lined up before he's finished. Wham are lucky he hasn't just walked away for the last few games and told them to go fuck themselves. 

Players aren't going to play for him either knowing all this. No wonder he's pissed and swinging. Good on him. 

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Not sure why people are having a dig a moyes. He's being replaced against his will and the next manager lined up before he's finished. Wham are lucky he hasn't just walked away for the last few games and told them to go fuck themselves. 

Players aren't going to play for him either knowing all this. No wonder he's pissed and swinging. Good on him. 

His contract is up isn't it?

I'm sure they've let him know they're looking to make a change.

No different from Klopp already being replaced at Liverpool.

Waiting till the end of the season could see them miss out as other clubs are already approaching managers right now.

Edited by KaKa

11 minutes ago, KaKa said:

His contract is up isn't it?

I'm sure they've let him know they're looking to make a change.

No different from Klopp already being replaced at Liverpool.

Waiting till the end of the season could see them miss out as other clubs are already approaching managers right now.

It is, hence me saying they are lucky he hasn't walked. I wouldn't be hanging around for a few weeks pay, fuck them.

Letting him know. That's nice. Like shepherd let SBR know he was letting him go in his last season, lost the dressing room due to it and had to sack him. 

Completely the same, apart from Klopp wanting to leave.

That's fine, he should leave and make himself available and let them manage their club if he's not needed. The fact he hasn't walked and is just sniping is fair Imo, and what I said to begin with.

Posted (edited)

Lopetegui walked out on Wolves because he thought he was too good for them.

Fuck him. I hope he makes a mess of it at West Ham.

Edited by Jewel

2 minutes ago, Jewel said:

Untrue,he walked because they had to have a fire sale due to ffp

59 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Agree, would much rather he stayed at West Ham as I don't particularly like him or the club. A match made in heaven as far as I was concerned. :sad:

2 minutes ago, Jewel said:

He clearly will fuck it up. West Ham aren’t going to be challenging for shit 

5 minutes ago, Dokko said:

It is, hence me saying they are lucky he hasn't walked. I wouldn't be hanging around for a few weeks pay, fuck them.

Letting him know. That's nice. Like shepherd let SBR know he was letting him go in his last season, lost the dressing room due to it and had to sack him. 

Completely the same, apart from Klopp wanting to leave.

That's fine, he should leave and make himself available and let them manage their club if he's not needed. The fact he hasn't walked and is just sniping is fair Imo, and what I said to begin with.

His contract is up so it doesn't matter if he wants to stay, if they don't want him and are ready for a change.

As long as they have let him know, then there's nothing wrong with them approaching replacements.

4 minutes ago, Jewel said:

He’s already got the fans against him.