The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - De Zerbi dezertin' Brighton

cp40

Mad that he was even considered, really. Not that I don't rate him, just that it's crazy how one team would jettison a manager due to relegation fears, yet two others would identify him to rescue them from the same fate. 

Manager culture is in as weird a place as it's ever been in PL, tbh. I feel luckier and luckier every day that we've landed on an absolute diamond, because I would hate to be in that particular rat race now, where no one seems to have a fucking clue who or what they want to recruit. 

On the James Cuntden / Boehly/ Fat Frank axis, imagine wor Mehrdad gaanin to Jimmy Nail and asking who he should appoint as manager [emoji38]

Boehly doesn't have a clue, like. It's going to end in spectacular fashion.

6 minutes ago, toon25 said:

As an aside...it seems Chelsea paid off their former board member and Abramovic henchwoman Marina Granovskaia to the tune of £36 million [emoji38]

:spit:

It seems to me that since this Chelsea takeover, which is dubious to say the least, it appears Todd Boehly is literally playing FIFA 22/23 but using real players and currency, playing as some kid on cheat mode.

It almost looks like the players are simply playing in mercenary mode with no (in most part) allegiance at all to the football club, manager or staff/owner.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Frank Lampard being paid 5 million or something stupid to see out this season with a silly bonus of 86.5 trillion added to his bank account if Chelsea win the champions league. [emoji38]

Chealsea seem to be the only club in charge of the monopoly game as bankers who can slip money aside without the other players in the game knowing. It's nuts on top of nuts. ???

13 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Mad that he was even considered, really. Not that I don't rate him, just that it's crazy how one team would jettison a manager due to relegation fears, yet two others would identify him to rescue them from the same fate. 

Manager culture is in as weird a place as it's ever been in PL, tbh. I feel luckier and luckier every day that we've landed on an absolute diamond, because I would hate to be in that particular rat race now, where no one seems to have a fucking clue who or what they want to recruit. 

Leeds have been a lot shitter since he’s gone though - they’re leaking goals like they’ve given up now. Maybe other teams are looking at games like ours where he managed a point and thinking that looking back - there’s definitely worse out there.

For the record - I don’t rate the bloke either but don’t claim to know a lot about him.

4 minutes ago, STM said:

I hope we are like a vulture feeding off their carcass in the summer. Maddison, Tielemans or Barnes please.

The Tieleman's rumours have resurfaced again recently.

On a free I think it's a very strong signing. Very similar to Bruno too in that he can play in both the 6 and 8 positions, and if Bruno is ever out we'd not lack creativity to the extent we do currently. Was also quite surprised at how decent his defensive numbers are.

Fresh start with us and I think he'd be back to his best. We could benefit from Leicester's poor season wish has seemingly turned off some suitors for him apparently.

33 minutes ago, Deuce said:

All things considered it’s pretty wild that Marsch has turned down two PL jobs in the past few months.

He likely knows he'll be up against it to save them from relegation, and if he takes them down it'll hurt his chances of another PL job in the future. I think he's probably done the right thing.