The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - Brighton appoint Fabian Hurzeler / Ten Hag to stay at Man Utd

cp40

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

I think second half of his last season maybe. First two and a half you knew what you were going to get. Played the Championship season with the same sort of system he used back in the Premier League. Still convinced that first season was used almost like an "apprenticeship" so the players knew exactly what their roles were and how to set up when we were back in the PL.

No doubt he was implementing a system in the championship season to prepare the team for a more challenging PL season. We could have swept the Championship away with the quality in our side with more free flowing attacking football.

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

No doubt he was implementing a system in the championship season to prepare the team for a more challenging PL season. We could have swept the Championship away with the quality in our side with more free flowing attacking football.

Aye, think he knew if he'd done that, he'd have been at square 1 almost come pre-season, drilling the side to play how we needed to challenge in the PL. 

29 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think second half of his last season maybe. First two and a half you knew what you were going to get. Played the Championship season with the same sort of system he used back in the Premier League. Still convinced that first season was used almost like an "apprenticeship" so the players knew exactly what their roles were and how to set up when we were back in the PL.

Yeah quite possibly. Just have some memory of us being stronger in the second half of the last 2 years of Rafa, but I don't want to look it up because I'm probably way off!

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Menace said:

I mean Burnley gave him £100m to spend, and Luton still achieved more than him with a fraction of the squad available to them. Fair play to him, he's failed but landed upwards - I'm sure he can't believe his luck.

Took a look at the 100 mil he spent and it looks to be about 75% shite. Jordan Beyer at 13 mil - Played 15 games, James Trafford at 15 mil - Looks to have been swindled by Pep like Arteta was with Zinchenko and Jesus. 14 mil for Aaron Ramsey from Villa - Played 14 games. Think losing Maatsen was a big part of their failure. He was their star man in their promotion season. In a CL final now. Assignon looked good for them, he'd be a good buy for someone. Was always creating, caused us a few scares. 

Fulham did a lot better with the 100 mil they were given, even if they got relegated, they bought some star names. 

Edited by Astroblack

14 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Took a look at the 100 mil he spent and it looks to be about 75% shite. Jordan Beyer at 13 mil - Played 15 games, James Trafford at 15 mil - Looks to have been swindled by Pep like Arteta was with Zinchenko and Jesus. 14 mil for Aaron Ramsey from Villa - Played 14 games. Think losing Maatsen was a big part of their failure. He was their star man in their promotion season. In a CL final now. Assignon looked good for them, he'd be a good buy for someone. Was always creating, caused us a few scares. 

Fulham did a lot better with the 100 mil they were given, even if they got relegated, they bought some star names. 

Horrific that 

9 hours ago, joeyt said:

Fucking Bacon Bruce in the background pulling the strings, trying to disguise himself grey beard and hair 

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Not that it means anything, but Mourinho currently favourite for the Chelsea job.

Wouldn’t Jose be the worst possible choice for them? No input in transfers :lol:

:lol: :lol: win or lose and he's gone. Offer him a gig to coach our youth teams at some ridiculous salary and watch them get tonked 5-0. Hell, they might lose by that anyway. :lol: :lol: