The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Did De Boer have a good record before Palace?

He was a very highly touted managerial prospect while at Ajax, I remember after Pardew left his name coming up and everyone said we had no chance of getting him. Went to Inter and was a disaster and now this does not look good on his CV. It's difficult to judge him at Ajax because they are the big fish in that league, like strikers in Holland, it's difficult to assess how they will do in the so called bigger leagues. One thing though, he was obviously given time at Ajax, clearly the system he likes to play will take time for the players to adapt too, both Inter and Palace obviously didn't have the patience to preserve with him and see if once bedded in his teams would be successful. Think it's going to be hard for him to regain his reputation now. 

Guest Howaythetoon

Its getting to the point now in the PL that 3 successive defeats becomes a crisis and a disaster... unless you happen to be managed by Alan Pardew that is! Utter ridiculous to appoint a manager to bring in a new football style after a few years of negative anti-football and then to sack him 4 games in when that new style doesn't materialise. I hope they get relegated. I think the PL need to introduce new rules that allow managers at least 6 months before they can be sacked or replaced. The argument against would be what if relegation is a certainty... well make sure you hire the right fucking manager then dickhead. Our game is an utter mess like and fucked up.

Guest firetotheworks

Saying that it's a risk taking a foreign coach and that managers need to be pragmatic and work to suit the style of players they have. Honestly, has there ever been a less pragmatic manager in the league than Allardyce? A manager less flexible with their style, that needs time to get the players to play HIS way?

Honestly, he's the Mozart of bullshit.

Saying that it's a risk taking a foreign coach and that managers need to be pragmatic and work to suit the style of players they have. Honestly, has there ever been a less pragmatic manager in the league than Allardyce? A manager less flexible with their style, that needs time to get the players to play HIS way?

A bloke who lost his first 4-5 games in charge of Palace, including a 4-0 home defeat to fucking Sunderland  :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Kept them up though, job done.

By being able to keep his job after those losses. For him to then criticise someone else doing it is textbook bullshitter Allardyce.

Genuinely bewildered as to how people think Hodgson will be solid for Palace.

He's not managed a club side for 5 years :lol: His tactics with England were woeful and other than getting through a qualifying phase full of pub teams, he was shown up whenever he actually had to implement some sort of plan in a competitive competition.

He's been deteriorating for some time as a manager.

Genuinely bewildered as to how people think Hodgson will be solid for Palace.

He's not managed a club side for 5 years :lol: His tactics with England were woeful and other than getting through a qualifying phase full of pub teams, he was shown up whenever he actually had to implement some sort of plan in a competitive competition.

He's been deteriorating for some time as a manager.

so like every manager since 1966? Hodgson has a proven track record at club level and seems a better fit for the squad than De Boer ever was

I don't know what's madder, sacking a manager after 4 games, or deciding to sack him after 2 which seems to be what happened and then prolonging it. I get the impression that Parish is waaaaaaay too hands on and any manager worth his salt is going to chafe heavily against him. De Boer however, not sure if he's got anything as a coach either, was pretty unimpressive.

There's deffinitely evidence to suggest he isn't the manager he was, but I cannot see how anyone would be 'bewildered' by anyine thinking he could be solid like.

Bruce was supposedly going to be solid at Villa and I was laughed at for suggesting that he'd fail there, so I'll take it with a pinch of salt.

Hodgson is crap and has been for some time, it's not that difficult to come to the conclusion that a failing, ageing PFM might struggle to adapt after not managing a club side for 5 years.

I'd be amazed if the stats in recent years didn't prove it to be a far bigger risk employing a British manager.

Clubs that sack a lot of managers are papering over cracks, I think we like to overestimate how much most managers can do, there are a lot of other factors, out of control player power and a chairmen who will listen to them over their manager is big, and if no manager stays long it's clear there may be a more pressing disease. The thing is Palace ahve a lot of other things going for them, but they churn through the managers. Their squad on paper isn't completely terrible.