The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

He's several years too late with leaving, unfortunately. Now his legacy is slightly tarnished and they're in roughly the same position as when he arrived.

But he had some good years, early on. Would hate to be the one that replaces him.

Can either see an Henry/Vieira risk or someone like Jardim/Ancelotti.

Tuchel or Jardim imo. Allegri would only be in the running if Juve fail to win the title this season imo.

Think Allegri said a few weeks back his future lies abroad: I think he'll leave Juve at the end of the season

Love Wenger TBH. Hasn't had a great time recently but what he's done in England is outstanding. Some of the football his Arsenal teams have played is amongst the best I've ever seen. Absolute class.

He built the best team that has ever played in the PL IMO (03-04)

One of the most disrespected managers around unfortunately. All because he tainted his own accomplishments with his loyalty & stubborness.

Otherwise taking that aside, his teams have played magnificent football and this guy was never one of those cheque book managers.

Wish him all the best in the future, I wonder if he will manage another club. If he retires he has every right to hold his head up high. All the best, Arsene (y)

Quite sad really, his demise was because he was too loyal to Arsenal. Should have left to La Liga when you had the chance.

I think a similar situation developed with us and Sir Bob. Despite his ability, the level of antagonism from supporters and media was beginning to affect the players and possibly the manager as well.

Like us, they will regret it.

I think a similar situation developed with us and Sir Bob. Despite his ability, the level of antagonism from supporters and media was beginning to affect the players and possibly the manager as well.

Do you not think it's time for a refresh though?

Also I completely disagree with those who mention Simeone and others like him, the man is Mourinho 2.0 and that's not what that squad needs at all.

it's what arsenal need after years of drifting imo, it would require a squad overhaul for sure

I do. Much as I admired his football philosophy, his lack of attention to defence had become a running joke. Although it's not a given that a replacement will do any better. They will need to find a top class manager to take them forward.

Also I completely disagree with those who mention Simeone and others like him, the man is Mourinho 2.0 and that's not what that squad needs at all.

it's what arsenal need after years of drifting imo, it would require a squad overhaul for sure

If they were to commit to that then fine, but I personally think it would take a budget of City proportions to turn that team into Simeone's image

I don't think something that drastic is necessary.

Well as I said, I think a situation had developed around the club that meant that it was best that he went. But as far as I can see, Wenger's appetite and passion for success was still very much intact. However, it can't be easy to motivate the players when the relentless message from the stands and the media is that the Manager has lost it.

He's being measured against his early successes, but since then Man City and Chelsea have been able to outmuscle Arsenal financially, and only Man U (barely) have been able to keep pace. In the current climate, he wouldn't have been able to keep hold of the likes of Henry and Vieira. It's also been difficult for him to secure a really top class striker - an Aguero or a Suarez - and that separates Arsenal from the very best. Lacazette doesn't look like the solution.

But what has always struck me with Wenger is the number of players who have their best days under him, and never hit the same standard after they leave eg Fabregas, Toure, Adebayor, Nasri. I think Arsenal fans are about to discover just how good / bad their squad is now.

Well as I said, I think a situation had developed around the club that meant that it was best that he went. But as far as I can see, Wenger's appetite and passion for success was still very much intact. However, it can't be easy to motivate the players when the relentless message from the stands and the media is that the Manager has lost it.

He's being measured against his early successes, but since then Man City and Chelsea have been able to outmuscle Arsenal financially, and only Man U (barely) have been able to keep pace. In the current climate, he wouldn't have been able to keep hold of the likes of Henry and Vieira. It's also been difficult for him to secure a really top class striker - an Aguero or a Suarez - and that separates Arsenal from the very best. Lacazette doesn't look like the solution.

But what has always struck me with Wenger is the number of players who have their best days under him, and never hit the same standard after they leave eg Fabregas, Toure, Adebayor, Nasri. I think Arsenal fans are about to discover just how good / bad their squad is now.

Would love to see a Bruce Rioch style crash and burn, it's been a long time since Arsenal weren't considered one of the blue chip clubs.

its been overdue, obviously was a fantastic manager but isn't really anymore. Think he'd do well as an international manager

O0

Pretty much this.

Was a great and his legacy is there if tainted by his own stubbornness of last several years. An innovator and leader of his time.

No idea who should/ will replace him: hell of a job to take on ala Fergie proportions in some respects.

Oddly not worried about Rafa wanting the job. I think he is ours (providing no MA utter clusterfcuk behaviour).

Can maybe see a Rodgers type?

Good luck to him for the future anyway :) .....Arsene that is not horse tooth fae Glasgae

Up until recently Arsenal were the non-NUFC team I enjoyed watching most by a long way, so many attacking players attempting to play football the way, I believe, it should be. Blokes a legend of the game and seemingly an affable chap too boot. The PL will be a poorer place without him.

I quite like the guardian's comment though that as much as he revolutionised the premier league at the time, him being called a genius when he first started for suggesting 8 pints after a match wasn't the best warm down in retrospect may have been a little OTT  :lol:

Having said that he married the 'english' running around endlessly to continental technical ability and made the rest of the league up their games completely.

While I agree that for the sake of Arsenal they are ready for a change at the top I cannot help but, think the fans are a bunch of ungrateful cunts.

3 Premier League titles

7 FA Cups

7 Charity Shields

In the space of 22 years!

More than most clubs have win in their entire history!