The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

Will be interesting to see how he and Gerrard does.

In their managerial careers, if their teams ever come up against each other, we just know it's going to be all great on paper yet actually devolve into an inexplicably ineffective spectacle of a football match.

I must admit I don't get the Pellegrini love in here, I'm not convinced he will be a huge success there. It's an OK appointment, but it's not going to change them into anything more than a mid table non entity, like the rest of us.

I must admit I don't get the Pellegrini love in here, I'm not convinced he will be a huge success there. It's an OK appointment, but it's not going to change them into anything more than a mid table non entity, like the rest of us.

The blokes a winner and he's leagues ahead of any of their recent managers. It's potentially a Rafaesque appointment if they back him.

Marco Silva expected to be announced as the new Everton boss by the end of the week.

Happy for him. Think he'll do ver well. Watford should have let him speak to them last season.

I don't get Everton's Marco Silva obsession. Can't even see it working out.

Because he's a good coach?  He was doing a great job before they refused to let him go before.

I mean that's very unprofessional on his behalf but I don't think that should detract to what he was doing before that happened.

Because he's a good coach?  He was doing a great job before they refused to let him go before.

I mean that's very unprofessional on his behalf but I don't think that should detract to what he was doing before that happened.

In both his jobs in England he's started well and it's kind of fell apart near the end of his time. Will be interesting to see how he does

I've quickly gone from hoping Silva is successful in every job he does purely to keep Merson and Thompson looking like the whoppers they are, to hoping he fails miserably.

Guest Howaythetoon

I've quickly gone from hoping Silva is successful in every job he does purely to keep Merson and Thompson looking like the whoppers they are, to hoping he fails miserably.

Their outrage when Hull appointed him man :lol:

They need to sort out their transfer policy because it’s ridiculous and hasnt exactly helped previous managers. Their football should improve, but I can’t see them improving on 8th.

In both his jobs in England he's started well and it's kind of fell apart near the end of his time. Will be interesting to see how he does

It fell off a cliff at Watford, understand that his head was turned, but he had a job to do and the drop off in performance was scandalous, if they hadn't sacked him when they did they would have probably gone down. Would have me very worried if I was looking to bring him in to my club. I can't make my mind up on him, tbh.

It fell off a cliff at Watford, understand that his head was turned, but he had a job to do and the drop off in performance was scandalous, if they hadn't sacked him when they did they would have probably gone down. Would have me very worried if I was looking to bring him in to my club. I can't make my mind up on him, tbh.

He wasn't even at Watford a season was he? Not really right to say it fell apart in that sense.

I like Silva but I'd argue it's a gamble from Everton tbh. Could go either way imo.