The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

Graham Potter to Swansea according to Sky.

Who's that? ???

Östersund's manager. Worked absolute miracles there, taking them from the Swedish third division to knock out stages of the EL, playing mostly really good football and on a shoestring budget, even by Swedish standards.

Highly debatable.

Not really. Their most recent season had their annual budget at £5 million (compared to £350,000 when Potter took over). AIK, Hammarby, Elfsborg, Göteborg, Helsingborg, Djurgården, Kalmar, Hacken, Norrkoping all have from £7.5 million to £22 million a year.

Their £5 mill were the budget during their surprise EL season. Before that it was even lower. It’s a crazy achievement by Potter and his team.

I still don't get the Swansea hate from Kaiz tbh. [emoji38]

They’re a Welsh team in the English league. It’s a horrific anomaly. Either go full UK or stick to your own national leagues. If you have seperate FAs and national teams, you shouldn’t interbreed in your leagues. If Swansea qualified for Europe they’d not take one if the Welsh spots. It’s all anarchy. ANARCHY!

The Welsh teams entered the English league after being invited by the FA to join almost 100 years ago.

We cannot take a Welsh place in any European competition, we did many years ago but that was stopped.

So Sarri to Chelsea seems nailed on then? they love a bad season followed by a great one :lol: City might be too good for them to win the league but i wouldn't be surprised if they are good again from nowhere.

I think it's going to be a disaster personally - it's Scolari all over again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maurizio_Sarri

His wikipedia/career history makes for interesting reading, especially the 4 straight jobs where he was gone in 18 games or less.  Hiddink will be waiting by the phone for another working holiday in London by November.

Guest Howaythetoon

All this upheaval. We’re primed for a tilt at the top four.

Even if that’s all they do for the next 3 years it has been clear for much longer that they needed a new way of playing, new ideas and something different and this new guy will represent that. Whether he succeeds or not, however, is anyone’s guess. It’s an interesting appointment, although personally I would have been looking at Carlo or Pellegrini even, someone with some Premier League experience if only just to get over the transition of Wenger leaving. I’ll find out from my brother-in-law no doubt very soon what he feels about the appointment.

Guest Howaythetoon

I like him me and I enjoyed his Man City team more than Pep’s team. I can’t stand West Ham though so hope it goes tits up. And if it doesn’t, another nail in the coffin of the same old same old British managers who stink up the game.

So so far.

Arsenal > Emery

West Ham > Pellegrini

Stoke > Rowett

Potenially:

Chelsea > Sarri

Everton > They don't seem to have been linked with anyone as yet.

Swansea > Östersund's manager.

Spurs > Potentially losing Poch.

Leicester > Likely to bin Puel.

Watford > Its the time of the month when they sack there manager.

Merry-Go-Round is in full tilt. :lol:

Seems like Leicester will stick with Puel. 

I think he’s a good manager to take them to Leicester 2.0. 

They should be targeting regular European football and getting great young players in. Kinda like Spurs 10–12 years ago.  Use their latest success to sustain a club that regularly challenges for Europe and Cups. 

Graham Potter to Swansea according to Sky.

Who's that? ???

Östersund's manager. Worked absolute miracles there, taking them from the Swedish third division to knock out stages of the EL, playing mostly really good football and on a shoestring budget, even by Swedish standards.

Highly debatable.

Not really. Their most recent season had their annual budget at £5 million (compared to £350,000 when Potter took over). AIK, Hammarby, Elfsborg, Göteborg, Helsingborg, Djurgården, Kalmar, Hacken, Norrkoping all have from £7.5 million to £22 million a year.

Their £5 mill were the budget during their surprise EL season. Before that it was even lower. It’s a crazy achievement by Potter and his team.

I'm not questioning Potter at all, he's done a great job. The #1 explanation for their success is money though. Large sums have been injected into the club by the city and local real estate company Östersundshem. The ÖFK chairman used to be it's CEO, not anymore though as he's arrested for fraud/financial crime.

There are several indications of them paying high wages.

Again, I'm not questioning their achievements, just saying "shoestring budget" is incorrect.

Might post more when I'm not at work, if I can be arsed.

But as I said, it's debatable.

Guest chopey

I'm probably a million miles off here but as a Chelsea fan what do you support ? It's really hard to get behind a manager cos they change every other year, the players all seem like mercenaries since Terry and Lampard left and it's just the owners toy what he does with what he likes with no consultation with the fans what so ever.

As I say I'm probably a million miles off but it just seems like the ultimate plastic club.

I'm probably a million miles off here but as a Chelsea fan what do you support ? It's really hard to get behind a manager cos they change every other year, the players all seem like mercenaries since Terry and Lampard left and it's just the owners toy what he does with what he likes with no consultation with the fans what so ever.

As I say I'm probably a million miles off but it just seems like the ultimate plastic club.

Sound's just like us to be honest (at least hopefully pre-Rafa), only difference being that they win trophies in the process.

Looking at our current squad, I think Paul Dummet is our elder statesman and the only one to have played over 100 games for us along with Perez.  He is also our only proper homegrown player since Carroll.

Sarri might well be gash down the Chels as he won’t be able to have a snout during the match.

Hasn’t held Klopp back. Wonder if they nip out at half-time? Or have a rider at away grounds so they can smerk tabs in the ground?