The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

Perhaps Juve for Zidane? Or is Allegri staying? He’ll most likely take a year off, can imagine the Real job being horrendously intense.

Heard Andy Brassell say on the radio yesterday that Allegri has committed to another year at Juve.

Allegri staying

What about Seedorf?

Thinking about it, Madrid could be without Ronaldo, Bale as well as now Zidane, after an already poor season who ever the new guy is is going to have a tough start on his hands...

We can only dream of winning the Champions League being described as a poor season [emoji38]

Their cup and league campaigns have been remarkably poor. Had he not won the CL he'd been sacked. This way he gets to leave on top.

Guest firetotheworks

I love it when people go out at the very top, like.

Sent off in a World Cup final after starring in the tournament,

Resigns after his 3rd Champions League win.

Thinking about it, Madrid could be without Ronaldo, Bale as well as now Zidane, after an already poor season who ever the new guy is is going to have a tough start on his hands...

We can only dream of winning the Champions League being described as a poor season [emoji38]

Their cup and league campaigns have been remarkably poor. Had he not won the CL he'd been sacked. This way he gets to leave on top.

I don’t think this is true at all. 

Getting to the final was a big achievement.  Anything less than an embarrassing defeat by Liverpool and they wouldn’t have sacked him.

Based on everything I've read, Perez absolutely loved Zidane so doubt he'd have been sacked no matter what - this season at least. That said, VI is clearly more ITK than me so what do I know :lol:

Based on everything I've read, Perez absolutely loved Zidane so doubt he'd have been sacked no matter what - this season at least. That said, VI is clearly more ITK than me so what do I know :lol:

The "he'll be sacked/walk if he doesn't win the CL" rumor already happened during his first season. This year their domestic season has been really bad (worst league finish since the 1990s) and there were rumors swirling around Christmas. There's been long stretches of the season where the players really didn't seem to give a fuck, and they just turned it on for the CL. Imho, I think Zidane just doesn't want another year like that and he just wants to leave on his terms, and on top. Good on him.

Pochettino seems unlikely because he just signed a 5 year contract at Spurs.

Whoever it is has to command Ronaldo's respect, that's one of the biggest reasons for Zidane's success seeing as he clearly didn't want to play for Rafa.

Whoever it is has to command Ronaldo's respect, that's one of the biggest reasons for Zidane's success seeing as he clearly didn't want to play for Rafa.

I think Ronaldo will leave.

Guest firetotheworks

I think Ronaldo will leave.

Agreed. I can see him going to PSG at some point.

Guest Howaythetoon

I’d love to see Zidane managing in the Premier League, I think he will be a success away from Madrid, but he needs to choose his next job carefully which Rafa should have done before he decided on Inter.

Kind of annoying he didn't stay to take up the challenge of replacing some of aging stars RM has. Not surprised though, three seasons in a top job must be exhausting

It feels similar to how Pep ended at Barcelona tbh, well except that Zidane actually ended it with the CL anyway.

Reckon any chance of Wenger going to Real?

This is what I'm thinking tbh.

Think his laid back demeanour suits the big stars they tend to bring in.

Pérez used to be a big fan of Wenger, but I don't think he'll go for him. I think Wenger's yesterday news, tbf.