The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - De Zerbi dezertin' Brighton

cp40

Guest chopey

I think Bruce could be looking for a new job this week, I hope he doesn't find one at Newcastle.

I think Bruce could be looking for a new job this week, I hope he doesn't find one at Newcastle.

I Rafa leaves, he'll be one of the names in the frame for sure, the mistake we made with McClaren though  may work against him, he'll be seen as a similar type of appointment, with no guarantee of survival and therefore income stream. I still don't think Rafa leaves this summer no matter, but if he did I think they go for the return of Fat Sam, he's just perfect for Ashley's model, he just didn't know that himself when he took over and pandered to the masses.

Madrid have inquired about Mourinho, according to a Spanish digital rag. Dude that runs it used to be the director of Marca so he has sources.

I thought that whole thing ended in tears there, why would they want him back.

No idea, but they seem to be having trouble getting somebody high-profile. And Pérez only does high-profile.

Poch would appear to be the ideal person, obvious Spuds will dig their heels in to hang on to him, but having said that it's a club where winning is a requirement and Poch for all him qualities has no track record of actually winning anything. Wenger I think would be a good fit, Mourniho going back just doesn't sound like a great plan.

I think Poch would be ideal. He knows the league, too. But apparently Spurs are not budging so Madrid is looking for other targets. Klopp was talked about but apparently they got rebuked, too.

There really aren't many big managers available, and I reckon managing there after Zidane will be seen as a poisoned chalice by many. Pérez used to be huge fan of Wenger, but I'm not sure that would work.

I dunno though has Poch ever managed big name high maintenance egos? That spurs squad seems to have had a great team spirit from day 1 and he's had the key players onside for the most part. I suppose they may need to rebuild if Ronaldo really is on the way out.

No one they can promote from within as they did with Zidane, ex player on the coaching staff? Would make the most sense surely for what is going to be a transitional season for them anyway.

Guti is often mentioned, he's managing their U19s. But I don't think there's anything to it. It would be a disaster, imho.

No one they can promote from within as they did with Zidane, ex player on the coaching staff? Would make the most sense surely for what is going to be a transitional season for them anyway.

Guti is often mentioned, he's managing their U19s. But I don't think there's anything to it. It would be a disaster, imho.

He's accepted it according Murcia's president. Not sure why Murcia's president would be ITK though.

So just a week after applying for the St Mirren job, it looks like he's going to be Head Coach of Real Madrid?

That's mental. :lol:

Makes Real Madrid to Newcastle seem like a normal transition (step-up obvs).

Kinda expect Conte to end up at Madrid, would surely be the one that makes most sense. Chelsea hardly in mind to fight to keep him

Too defensive. 

Too much of a coach/tactician. 

This era of success was started by someone in that vein (Mourinho) but only reaped major rewards with more laid back ‘Presidential’ type managers in Carlo and Zidane. 

Unless Poch or Klopp, I reckon they go down that route.

It really says something about the strength of the PL when Real cunting Madrid can't sign the manager of Tottenham or Liverpool (if that's what really happened). It's not the job it used to be, and you could see why both of those clubs (and managers) would be reluctant.