The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

Wonder how long it'll be before he's shamelessly pulling other manager's to bits on Sky's EFL coverage. 0.34 win % in his last three jobs. Awful given they two mid table and one promotion pushing team.

Surely he'll not be re-employed anywhere any time soon?

:pardsgrin:

Wonder how long it'll be before he's shamelessly pulling other manager's to bits on Sky's EFL coverage. 0.34 win % in his last three jobs. Awful given they two mid table and one promotion pushing team.

Can't see him getting anymore manager jobs unless he goes down the Sven route of managing countries with more money than sense.

Can't see him getting anymore manager jobs unless he goes down the Sven route of managing countries with more money than sense.

Good point. Probably what'll happen...

Is there a better match in football than QPR and Pardew? Has to happen.

They've exhausted all the other absolute stinkers already so I wouldn't put it past them.

Edit: Tim Sherwood odds-on favourite. :lol: How did I forget about him?!

I had always thought of McClaren as an average (maybe slightly above average) and perfectly acceptable manager in England before he came to Newcastle. It is still odd to me that his career has essentially fallen apart since this time. IIRC, Derby were near the top and fighting for promotion when the club were first linked, and once the press starting mentioning his name with this club, Derby's season collapsed and the jobs he has taken since have been a disaster. :lol:

PFM poster boy. Tragic career outside of Boro.

Guest chopey

McClaren started with some good ideas when he came here, some nice football and progressive system. But we just kept losing and he quickly gave up on it.

"Just give me 5 games to sort this out"

"After 10 games the league table will look better"

"Once Christmas comes you'll see the real Newcastle"

"New year new Newcastle you'll see"

"Once these hard pitches go come March we'll be fine"

"Fuck"

Guest firetotheworks

"Lost a little bit of sparkle in recent weeks" :lol: They say this stuff like new manager bounces never happen.

"Lost a little bit of sparkle in recent weeks" :lol: They say this stuff like new manager bounces never happen.

A new manager bounce is not being the best side in the league 13 games after a new manager is appointed. Most goals scored, least goals conceded, into the next round of the Champions League and setting a new Manchester United record for away wins.

I can completely understand why people think it's a bad idea to give him the job. I'm still sceptical myself, however he deserves at least some credit for producing the results he has done. He has a 72% win ratio after 20+ games FFS.

All that being said, I think the appointment was at the wrong time. His position should have been evaluated at the end of the season IMO, especially with the extremely difficult list of fixtures in April. There's a real chance of losing 4/5 games in April. Who's to say what the feeling will be by the end of the season. Have to think positive though.

A new manager bounce is not being the best side in the league 13 games after a new manager is appointed. Most goals scored, least goals conceded, into the next round of the Champions League and setting a new Manchester United record for away wins.

I can completely understand why people think it's a bad idea to give him the job. I'm still sceptical myself, however he deserves at least some credit for producing the results he has done. He has a 72% win ratio after 20+ games FFS.

All that being said, I think the appointment was at the wrong time. His position should have been evaluated at the end of the season IMO, especially with the extremely difficult list of fixtures in April. There's a real chance of losing 4/5 games in April. Who's to say what the feeling will be by the end of the season. Have to think positive though.

:thup:

• 2 weeks later...