The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

Guest neesy111

Plenty clubs will be looking at him, especially those in the Championship who have ambitions to get up. Boro for instance, could do a lot worse than look at him to replace the failed dinosaur they have.

Boro will be appointing woodgate as manager.

Guest chopey

Graham Potter the odds on favourite for the Brighton gig. Thought they'd aim higher than that

If Swansea get Houghton they get the better deal

Graham Potter the odds on favourite for the Brighton gig. Thought they'd aim higher than that

Thought that myself but then saw people say he did a fantastic job at Swansea considering all the players that left

Guest alijmitchell

I don't really know what to think of this one - it's been a pretty bad season for them, but I wonder what their expectations are? However, I suppose there are likely better managers out there than Hughton, that's for sure, and teams like us (if we keep Rafa), Southampton, West Ham, palace, bournemouth won't sit still and have much better managers. They'd be scrapping it out for relegation again next year if they kept him.

Guest chopey

If Swansea get Houghton they get the better deal

How? He's only been working in the media.

oh dear

They are awful so it's deserved. He's spent too much time spouting total bollocks about how Black and ethnic people are discriminated in football as he sits there a millionaire

Holy shit, you're still going on about this.  :lol: What a strange and uneducated thing to say. He was the ONLY black manage in the top flight. Sure, he could have sat there and said nothing, but chose to use his position and exposure to highlight an issue he probably feels strong about and represent the hundreds of black and asian people out there that have tried as hard as anyone to get into football management and been knocked back for whatever reason.

Other than Chris Hughton the only other black manager I can think of in the entire history of the Premier League was Ruud Gulliet. I feel like Paul Ince was manager at some point for a month or two, too.

You should watch a Wolves match sometime.

They are awful so it's deserved. He's spent too much time spouting total bollocks about how Black and ethnic people are discriminated in football as he sits there a millionaire

Holy shit, you're still going on about this.  :lol: What a strange and uneducated thing to say. He was the ONLY black manage in the top flight. Sure, he could have sat there and said nothing, but chose to use his position and exposure to highlight an issue he probably feels strong about and represent the hundreds of black and asian people out there that have tried as hard as anyone to get into football management and been knocked back for whatever reason.

Other than Chris Hughton the only other black manager I can think of in the entire history of the Premier League was Ruud Gulliet. I feel like Paul Ince was manager at some point for a month or two, too.

You should watch a Wolves match sometime.

:lol:

Thinking back to Wolves as well - Terry fucking Connor. Him and Steve Kean were the OG's of shit managers, made Pardew look competent.

Reading an article on Sky it looks like John Barnes is trying to link this back to racism around the treatment of black managers. Shameful if so - I really like Chris Hughton and he was undoubtedly unfairly treated here but obviously it was nowt to do with the colour of his skin.

At Brighton he's spent around £120m in 2 seasons and in the last 20 games they've taken 14 points from 60 and shipped 35 goals. If you were Brighton's owners you'd probably look at a team like us with Rafa as manager not spending a dime and finishing ahead of them 2 seasons running and thinking you could upgrade.

Appointing Graham Potter would be a bit daft, mind. Definitely a step backwards.

A few people have.

The fact is the rot had well and truly set in there, despite all the money they've spent. We've seen it before plenty of times, Brighton were probably set to start next season poorly and then they would need to find a new manager mid-season. They've made the correct decision at the best time. Overall he's obviously done a good job there, that doesn't mean he's immune from the sack.

It is shocking how few black managers there are and I'm not sure how you can't simply look at the number of black players compared to number of managers and conclude something is wrong, regardless of why, but anyway, it's sad to lose Hughton from the league but it can't be overlooked how poor they've been second half of the season. There are always many factors for slumps in form but it is always the easiest way to refresh things by changing manager.

A few people have.

The fact is the rot had well and truly set in there, despite all the money they've spent. We've seen it before plenty of times, Brighton were probably set to start next season poorly and then they would need to find a new manager mid-season. They've made the correct decision at the best time. Overall he's obviously done a good job there, that doesn't mean he's immune from the sack.

Fucking hell, shit like this is ironically far more racist than the sacking. Seen a few more articles around this and it's actually disgusting that people are allowed to slander the Brighton owners in this way tbh.

Guest alijmitchell

Yeah I’m not buying the racism angle based on the lack of evidence suggesting that’s the case. It would also mean that a previously progressive owners who have actually been one of the few clubs to appoint a BAME manager have just turned into racist pigs. He’s been given the same amount of time as every other bog standard English manager has - I.e. not a lot when results start to turn. Plus, why shouldn’t they look for better? His track record in the prem isn’t particularly good and there are likely to be better options available in the summer.

A few people have.

How people embrace victim hood nowadays. Grown men. It's shameful.

Yeah I’m not buying the racism angle based on the lack of evidence suggesting that’s the case. It would also mean that a previously progressive owners who have actually been one of the few clubs to appoint a BAME manager have just turned into racist pigs. He’s been given the same amount of time as every other bog standard English manager has - I.e. not a lot when results start to turn. Plus, why shouldn’t they look for better? His track record in the prem isn’t particularly good and there are likely to be better options available in the summer.

Bet they'll save themselves the hassle next time around and not bother hiring one in the first place. The whole thing is ridiculous. Makes me sick.

Fat Sam currently going to town on forrin’ Managers and all things foreign on Talksport.

Of course the irony being that Hughton’s replacement is likely to be someone who made his name as a foreign manager abroad.

Allardyce was happy that the two names linked with the Brighton job so far (Potter and Lampard) were English and not foreign.

Was moaning about it’s now at the stage where clubs like Huddersfield are appointing foreign reserve team coaches over English managers.

A few people have.

Tbf we have to see how this pans out. If Brighton get relegated next season, it's clearly the wrong decision.

Again, I can see both sides of the argument on this one.