The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

It’s a real shame he’s done a good job there in balance.

Yes he has had a blip but seems a lot of it was down to bad attitude of the new players.

Would have liked to have seen him given a chance again next season with Dan Ashworth supporting him this time around.

I reckon I’ve read more than once that Hughton had some serious falling out with one or both of the centre halves - and they played like a team who weren’t playing for the manager. Of course, Google is making me a liar...

They are awful so it's deserved. He's spent too much time spouting total bollocks about how Black and ethnic people are discriminated in football as he sits there a millionaire

:lol:

Seriously though as much respect as I have for Chris Hughton he's spent something like £150m and that team he's assembled looks bloody awful!

On the other hand when he took over he kept them in the Championship when they looked like going down, 2 years later he had them in the Premier League for the first time in their history, has kept them there for the past 2 seasons and this season he got them to their first FA Cup Semi Final for 36 years.

No sentiment or loyalty in football any more though.

Wow didnt know he had spent so much money.

Pogba's numbers were outrageous, so no idea why they've turned on him at Man U.

From what i recall Ole and the team were flying, until Matic got injured and Herrera was out of the team I believe. Those two were key to allowing Pogba the freedom to really dictate things and get forward.

Can't believe they're letting Herrera walk. He gives the team so much character and fight.

That guy they got from AZ has made Afonso Alves look like Aguero. Top scorer last season in the Eredivisie and hasn't managed one in the PL.

None of the attacking signings he's made (other than Gross) have paid off. They've wasted some big money along the way but the sacking still feels incredibly harsh to me given all he's done for them.

Hope they go down next season tbqh.

Nice man, good coach, terrible manager imo

He is not a terrible manager he’s done a good job at two of the three clubs he has managed leaving them in a better position than when he joined.

:thup: :thup: :thup:

He helped save us from the shit despite being given an utter fucking turd of a hand by the fat cunt. Will forever be grateful to him for that.

Wonder who they’ll go for next?

They are awful so it's deserved. He's spent too much time spouting total bollocks about how Black and ethnic people are discriminated in football as he sits there a millionaire

One of the worse posts of all time on N-O.

What is the general conscious of Brighton fans regarding the sacking of Chris Hughton? If they think his time was up they're probably correct. They watch the games after all. Hughton's record in 2019 was awful. Today I've read idiot fans of other clubs saying "What do they expect? Top 4?" which is the sort of crap leveled at us for wanting to be more than a relegation scrapping team playing awful football.

It's stupid to criticise clubs for trying to do better, if you believe that you may as well cancel the sport.

The question is whether an individual decision is justified, which it seems like this is.

Every single managerial firing in the history of football has been with a view to the club improving. The question is whether their aspirations are realistic and how well they appoint coupled with the risk of having been overperforming (against their recent historical performance) with the manager they've just pumped.

Brighton are gonna have to pull a 'Poch to Southampton' out of the bag imho.

Really struggles with signings. Saw someone mentioned the striker he signed from the Dutch league that has struggled. I remember he signed Van Wolfswinkel at Norwich too and that was not good either. None of his signings have really stood out at all.

Would really benefit from a continental setup where he is just a coach and there is a team that focuses on recruitment. Closest he has had that was with us ironically.

Brighton do have that exact setup, don’t they? Dan Ashworth left England to join them as Technical Director.

Edit: Pascal Gross has been a pretty big success, I’d say. A number have disappointed though, especially most of the ones brought in this summer.

Aye, but you have to have ambition to improve, otherwise why exist? Fans of other clubs love to criticise you for trying 'unrealistic' things, who are they to say what you should be aiming for?

I'd say, given where he found them and where he took them, that CH deserved next season tbh.

Brighton do have that exact setup, don’t they? Dan Ashworth left England to join them as Technical Director.

Edit: Pascal Gross has been a pretty big success, I’d say. A number have disappointed though, especially most of the ones brought in this summer.

Ah, right. Didn't realise. Man, in that case I'd be looking at whoever made those signings.

Yeah, Gross has been decent actually, but he cost under £3 million. All their bigger money signings have struggled.

Locadia - £15.30 million

Izquierdo - £13.50 million

Propper - £11.70 million

Jahanbakhsh - £17.10 million

Bissouma - £15.21 million

Bernardo - £ 9 million

These alone are around £81 million.