The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

He’s one of those like McCarthy or Bruce who straddle the line between “really good Champo manager” and “not quite good enough in the PL.” I’m sure he’ll land on his feet and some Championship side will be lucky to have him.

Guest neesy111

3 wins in 23 games is enough to get anyone the sack despite what they had done previously at the club or their reputation.  Better now, than wait after 5 games into next season.

They are awful so it's deserved. He's spent too much time spouting total bollocks about how Black and ethnic people are discriminated in football as he sits there a millionaire

One of the worse posts of all time on N-O.

Dave would have smacked that down with no mercy.

I thought Brighton were very poor this term and were lucky to stay up. A low points total despite a large slice of good fortune. Plunging form into the bargain.

Cardiff were basically robbed against Chelsea six weeks ago, and had they won that game, I think the extra momentum and extra pressure on Brighton would have taken the relegation battle to the wire.

Think he's done as a Premier manager, but he's got a respectable record. Not really going anywhere though so no surprise Brighton have decided they'd rather move on.

As I said previously, I feel the sacking is harsh but I do understand the other side of the argument.

Hughton certainly has flaws, and Brighton's recent form has been poor.

We'll know at the end of the next season, whether it was the right decision or not.

As I said previously, I feel the sacking is harsh but I do understand the other side of the argument.

Hughton certainly has flaws, and Brighton's recent form has been poor.

We'll know at the end of the next season, whether it was the right decision or not.

Well, we’ll know whether the new manager is good.

I remember many years ago attending the leaving do of an employee at the huge company that I worked for.  I was talking to the then new MD and I said how nice it was to see someone who had worked for the company for 30years.  He said 'I don't want my managers working for me for 30 years, 3 years max and by then you've had the best out of them'

I think that applies to football managers, it must be difficult to maintain the momentum over long periods, of course there are exceptions

Feel for Hughton. Don't think you can really argue its time though. Sure they could have given him one more but I don't begrudge the change provided they get someone that is a clear step up. He was lucky they didn't go down and he hasn't had a shoestring budget even if its less than many. It's not as harsh as his Newcastle sacking.

He will get another gig. Good time for Brighton to try and take a step up. If anything credit for Brighton for sticking with him to season end instead of knee jerk firing him earlier.

£ Net Spends since Summer 2016

Man City: 343m

Man Utd: 310m

Chelsea: 203m

Everton: 160m

Arsenal: 148m

BRIGHTON: 130m

Wolves: 124m

West Ham: 112m

Eddie “League 2 Squad” Howe: 104m :shifty:

Fulham: 101m

Palace: 85m

Hudd: 81m

Leic: 76m

LFC: 73m

Burnley: 49m

Watford: 41m

Spurs: 31m

Rafa Benitez: 4m

Southampton: -10m

But according to the media Chris Hughton has been doing a miracle with the money they’ve given him :spit:

Guest Howaythetoon

Hughton is a decent manager who has done a great job at Brighton, but the results speak for themselves. It would have been bad had they sacked him in January or once they were safe, but after the season has ended they have every justification to get rid. He’ll be fine, he’s a good manager, but not at a certain level to take clubs and payers to another level.

£ Net Spends since Summer 2016

Man City: 343m

Man Utd: 310m

Chelsea: 203m

Everton: 160m

Arsenal: 148m

BRIGHTON: 130m

Wolves: 124m

West Ham: 112m

Eddie “League 2 Squad” Howe: 104m :shifty:

Fulham: 101m

Palace: 85m

Hudd: 81m

Leic: 76m

LFC: 73m

Burnley: 49m

Watford: 41m

Spurs: 31m

Rafa Benitez: 4m

Southampton: -10m

But according to the media Chris Hughton has been doing a miracle with the money they’ve given him :spit:

I think overall wage bill is a better metric regarding where a team should finish and how well a manager is doing. Net spend is hugely defined by how much teams receive from outgoing transfers. LFC have the worlds most expensive GK and CB because they received what? The 3rd biggest transfer fee of all-time for a player that isn't close to being the third world best in the world.

I'm confident that Wolves and West Ham have a significantly higher wage bill than Brighton. Spurs, Watford, LFC, Soton and Leicester too.

Interestingly, Liverpool have the highest second wage bill in the league. Higher than City's

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/8386507/liverpool-man-city-prem-wage-bill/

Brighton fans seem to think it’s the right decision so as unfortunate as it is for him, it’s the right decision.

He’ll be back with another club soon. He’ll make a career at bringing club up and keeping them there for a season or so.

They are awful so it's deserved. He's spent too much time spouting total bollocks about how Black and ethnic people are discriminated in football as he sits there a millionaire

Holy shit, you're still going on about this.  :lol: What a strange and uneducated thing to say. He was the ONLY black manage in the top flight. Sure, he could have sat there and said nothing, but chose to use his position and exposure to highlight an issue he probably feels strong about and represent the hundreds of black and asian people out there that have tried as hard as anyone to get into football management and been knocked back for whatever reason.

Other than Chris Hughton the only other black manager I can think of in the entire history of the Premier League was Ruud Gulliet. I feel like Paul Ince was manager at some point for a month or two, too.

Hot take: Director of Football doesn't work at smaller clubs where the manager doesn't have such a large role as they buy loads of shit players the manger doesn't want.