The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

Has anyone done a meme of a horrific car crash with the "Ole's at the wheel" caption?

There's loads on Twitter. Here's one.

:lol: I need to use Twitter more.

I'm assuming searching #olesatthewheel brings up some alright results?

Has anyone done a meme of a horrific car crash with the "Ole's at the wheel" caption?

There's loads on Twitter. Here's one.

:lol: I need to use Twitter more.

I'm assuming searching #olesatthewheel brings up some alright results?

Aye. No need for the hashtag tbh, just search 'ole's at the wheel'. There's hundreds.

What's the origin of the 'Ole at the wheel' thing ?

Stone Roses song Waterfall. Which is a great tune but now almost ruined by those t***s.

:thup: Cheers

Yeah and they (used to) sing it incessantly.  Legit think they've ruined the song for me.

Just had a look on red cafe and it seems most of them want him out now.

Aye its hilarious, I didn't realise one of the first things Solskjaer did when he got the job was give Phil Jones a new 4 year contract with the option of another year.

1. Redcafe is ridiculous and shouldn't be used for a basis as to how Man United fans think.

2. Ole has nothing to do with the contracts, and that's the major problem at Manchester United. Ed Woodward needs to fuck off back to the financial side of things and bring in an experienced director of football to work with the manager and make the footballing decisions.

Sure, but surely ManU fans don't actually want him there now?

Such a bizarre appointment

Probably something Froggy[/member] could answer, but do Man Utd fans really think that Solskjaer is the man to stop that club from becoming one that perennially finishes 3rd-6th, or even lower? Which is something they have done for 4 of the last 5 seasons bar the year under Jose, who was ridiculed for saying finishing 2nd with that team is one of his best achievements. Looking at the quality of managers in the top 6, Pochettino, Guardiola, Klopp, Sarri and Emery to a lesser extent, do the fans actually see Solskjaer as the right quality of manager to get Man Utd to where they want to be, which is challenging for the title while competing with those managers? They need to get rid and go all out for Pochettino or Allegri for both long and short term, someone of that elite calibre. Not Solskjaer.

Would we prefer Ole over Poch? Obviously not. But we're not going to write off Ole just yet. We've went for the serial winners and it hasn't worked. Who was Sarri before going a chance at Napoli? Peps first job was Barcelona.

We're miles off the top now. Why not give Ole a chance to try and build a young team? Everyone is basing his ability on a few months at Cardiff.

Probably something Froggy[/member] could answer, but do Man Utd fans really think that Solskjaer is the man to stop that club from becoming one that perennially finishes 3rd-6th, or even lower? Which is something they have done for 4 of the last 5 seasons bar the year under Jose, who was ridiculed for saying finishing 2nd with that team is one of his best achievements. Looking at the quality of managers in the top 6, Pochettino, Guardiola, Klopp, Sarri and Emery to a lesser extent, do the fans actually see Solskjaer as the right quality of manager to get Man Utd to where they want to be, which is challenging for the title while competing with those managers? They need to get rid and go all out for Pochettino or Allegri for both long and short term, someone of that elite calibre. Not Solskjaer.

Would we prefer Ole over Poch? Obviously not. But we're not going to write off Ole just yet. We've went for the serial winners and it hasn't worked. Who was Sarri before going a chance at Napoli? Peps first job was Barcelona.

We're miles off the top now. Why not give Ole a chance to try and build a young team? Everyone is basing his ability on a few months at Cardiff.

Which serial winners? Moyes? Giggs?

Mourinho won the europa league and came second last season

Why would you possibly think the best idea would be to give ole time

Which serial winners? Moyes? Giggs?

Mourinho won the europa league and came second last season

Why would you possibly think the best idea would be to give ole time

I obviously meant Mourinho and Van Gaal. Yes Mourinho finished second but both of them were ultimately miles off the pace. I'm not convinced Allegri would be any better. The only managers I'd have confidence in to turn this around at the minute are at our biggest rivals.

Since you think Solskjaer is such a terrible idea, what would you suggest? We're nowhere near ready to challenge. Why not attempt a rebuild with young, hungry players and with a manager who knows and loves the club?

My opinion should be minority but you should never sack Jose. The sacking basically confirms that no manager in the world would make these Man Utd players bow their heads and squad clearance is a must.

Which, sadly, is against Woodward’s interest.

My opinion should be minority but you should never sack Jose. The sacking basically confirms that no manager in the world would make these Man Utd players now their heads but squad clearance is a must.

Which, sadly, is against Woodward’s interest.

Woodward is a clown. He gave new contracts to Jones, Smalling and Young yet wouldn't give Herrera a 5 year contract because of his age despite him being one of our best players and arguably the most passionate player we have. That was a sickening decision which was majorly upset the fans.

I hope he has some sort of plan in place for the summer.

Mourinho getting this iteration of Man Utd to 2nd place and winning the Europa was a hell of an achievement in hindsight.  And - although this is one of those daft can't prove for shit comments - I'd wager he'd have got them closer to a Champions League slot this season than OGS.  Problem was always believing and giving him the full backing.

Easier to blame Mourinho than want to accept that Martial and co aren't up to it.

Mourinho getting this iteration of Man Utd to 2nd place and winning the Europa was a hell of an achievement in hindsight.  And - although this is one of those daft can't prove for shit comments - I'd wager he'd have got them closer to a Champions League slot this season than OGS.  Problem was always believing and giving him the full backing.

Easier to blame Mourinho than want to accept that Martial and co aren't up to it.

You mean next season? We gave ourselves a great chance of getting CL football this season under Solskjaer and that would have never happened under Mourinho. There were two defining moments. Once Herrera came out of the team due to the contract issues and when Ole was given the permanent role. The likes of Pogba/Martial just dropped their tools again once Ole got the full time job as they had nothing to prove anymore. It's an awful attitude and it's why they have to be sold.

That’s exactly why I said Jose should never be sacked when the problems are players’ attitude. The problem still exists, if not gone even worse.

It’s simply a power struggle between Woodward + players and the manager. And you sacked the manager with highest calibre in the world.

You know all these stuff could be prevented if Man Utd gave Jose just 40m to get Toby last summer. End up the defense was still shit, Jose get around 20m compensation, Ole in dead walking mode and Man Utd out of Top 4 again.

You mean next season? We gave ourselves a great chance of getting CL football this season under Solskjaer and that would have never happened under Mourinho. There were two defining moments. Once Herrera came out of the team due to the contract issues and when Ole was given the permanent role. The likes of Pogba/Martial just dropped their tools again once Ole got the full time job as they had nothing to prove anymore. It's an awful attitude and it's why they have to be sold.

Makes this so funny...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11623554/anthony-martial-signs-new-deal-with-manchester-united-until-2024

I totally agree like with the exception being I actually wanted Mourinho gone. I hated/hate his attitude and his brand of football. That being said if you hire a manager they need to be the one making the footballing decisions. Not spending £40m on Aldeweireld was stupid, as was turning our noses up at £40m for Perisic. Two areas we drastically needed players, and two areas that still haven't been filled.

Makes this so funny...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11623554/anthony-martial-signs-new-deal-with-manchester-united-until-2024

Well that was a necessity. You can't let assets like that go on a free. Regardless of his attitude he's an excellent player, maybe some other manager can get the best out of him.

£250k though. Fuck me. And we wouldn't give Herrera £200k and he'd die for the team.

I totally agree like with the exception being I actually wanted Mourinho gone. I hated/hate his attitude and his brand of football. That being said if you hire a manager they need to be the one making the footballing decisions. Not spending £40m on Aldeweireld was stupid, as was turning our noses up at £40m for Perisic. Two areas we drastically needed players, and two areas that still haven't been filled.

That part I got it. Normally I would agree the sacking even if it’s Jose, but Man Utd is an exceptional case. The core problem (players attitude) was there since Sir Alex retired and this has to be solved ASAP. It’s basivally a cancer, just like Ashley to us.

It's dead easy to blame the attitude of the players though. A good manager can solve most situations.

My belief is that Ole is the sacrificial lamb here. He spends 12 months clearing out the shite, blooding in some youngsters/ new signings and then a top manager can come in and take over a much healthier ship.

I think that's what's going to happen.