The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

Alli as first signing?

Would be perfect league for him. Bit less physical and he has plenty of technique to flourish. I'd imagine Poch would get him back to his best and he'd be a top player in that league.

He's been very handsomely backed this summer and has had more time than Benitez, Scolari, Hiddink, Sarri, Di Matteo and Villas Boas - yet his points-per-game is comfortably lower. You'd think that if it was someone other than Frank Lampard, he'd have already gone by now, regardless of the restrictions he's been working under for a significant percentage of his custody of the side.

Bit of a pity in a way, not that I'll ever strong feelings for what will always ultimately be a pretty rancid club; but I kinda liked what he was doing with the young homegrown players last season. He's now been provided with some unreal players from the continent and hasn't sussed how to make it work; you don't get very long to do that at Chelsea/most elite clubs.

Tuchel too obvious a shout?

Do we really believe these signings we're all Lampard's though? The way chelsea go about things i doubt it. Him and Gerrand seem like good up and coming managers but frank took the higher job far to quick same would happen if Gerrand went to liverpool if klopp got binned for not winning the league again. Never get why he hardly picks Giroud though

Do we really believe these signings we're all Lampard's though? The way chelsea go about things i doubt it. Him and Gerrand seem like good up and coming managers but frank took the higher job far to quick same would happen if Gerrand went to liverpool if klopp got binned for not winning the league again. Never get why he hardly picks Giroud though

Probably not but it's not exactly the same as Conte been thrown Drinkwater, Barkley and Bakayoko and being expected to retain the balance he had with a much better previous squad. Lampard has been given colossal upgrades and isn't making it work.

Seems to swing either way with Lampard and Chelsea every couple of weeks, 1 win in 8 doesn't look good though. Their downturn has coincided with a handful of teams kicking on again though, so the table doesn't look good on him.

Whenever I've seen them I've always thought they look better when playing Giroud.

Guest neesy111

Is there nothing else to it? I presumed he'd done something that'd led to his departure.

Apparently related to Ched Evans who the chairman likes but Barton wanted rid off for off the field issues.