The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

Very difficult to evaluate how well Gerrard has done at Rangers. Brought them up to the SPL but they were the only club with money and a sizeable fan base. Once in the SPL the only opposition were Celtic who were skint and at rock bottom. I lived up in Scotland for a number of years and the standard of football, even with the top two teams, was atrocious. I have a feeling he may found out at Villa, as Lampard was at Chelsea and the Villa fans are not patient

Villa will likely spend again in January and already have a squad good enough to survive. It would be the implosion of all implosion if Gerrard took them down. I'm here for it, unless we go down with them!  (With apologies to Brummie, gut says they will stay up with ease if that helps)

13 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Villa will likely spend again in January and already have a squad good enough to survive. It would be the implosion of all implosion if Gerrard took them down. I'm here for it, unless we go down with them!  (With apologies to Brummie, gut says they will stay up with ease if that helps)

He'll do ok, but Villa and their fans are going to have to live with the constant Liverpool rumours until Klopp gets binned off.....and thats enough to wind fans up to the point where he'll get very little patience...especially if they get spanked 4/5-0 by Liverpool.

14 hours ago, KaKa said:

Remember when I said the media would be insufferable about Gerrard? :lol:

Well it's started already. Apparently we are kicking ourselves for not getting him instead of Howe and getting Gerrard would have been met with scenes similar to Keegan's homecoming!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: 

What on earth that is based on I will never know, but I am just so happy we didn't end up with one of these media darlings that get fawned over by the press, so over that mess we experienced with Bruce.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10192591/Steven-Gerrard-Aston-Villa-perfect-fit-Newcastle-blew-chance-appointing-him.html

Didn't know Eddie Hearn had got the England Rugby job.

Smith likely in at Norwich.. when he gets back from New York. Others interviewd. SSN

Liked the "lampard didn't feel it was quite right for him, right now..remember he is a manager that has managed in.. the champions league." He has managed in the Championship too! When you get safe Norwich call me.

Fair play for Lampard for knowing he would fail here and there and pulls out. Makes you wonder with that mentality whether he can get another job in the PL though. Wrong attitude for me, but some sucker will hire him,we hired Bruce after all.

12 minutes ago, kisearch said:

I totally understand why managers are incredibly careful with the jobs they take on tbh, especially early on in their careers. One false move that doesn't work out and you're seen as an irredeemable failure

There's almost nothing you can do as a Premier League manager of a mid table side to actually earn a bigger job either. It's a mug's game really.

14 hours ago, KaKa said:

Remember when I said the media would be insufferable about Gerrard? :lol:

Well it's started already. Apparently we are kicking ourselves for not getting him instead of Howe and getting Gerrard would have been met with scenes similar to Keegan's homecoming!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: 

What on earth that is based on I will never know, but I am just so happy we didn't end up with one of these media darlings that get fawned over by the press, so over that mess we experienced with Bruce.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10192591/Steven-Gerrard-Aston-Villa-perfect-fit-Newcastle-blew-chance-appointing-him.html

Fairly sure next to nobody turned up for Keegan's homecoming in 92 because it was a complete surprise and the middle of the day

and if he means the other one, there was a match on. I think that bit is just genuinely crap at his job from a journalistic and bias standpoint. The rest crap at his job from a journalstic hired shill stand point.

Pretty obsessive to make a piece about Gerrard going to Villa solely an anti-NUFC/Staveley piece. May as well shoe-horn us into the Radacanu piece while he's at it.

3 hours ago, toontownman said:

Smith likely in at Norwich.. when he gets back from New York. Others interviewd. SSN

Liked the "lampard didn't feel it was quite right for him, right now..remember he is a manager that has managed in.. the champions league." He has managed in the Championship too! When you get safe Norwich call me.

Fair play for Lampard for knowing he would fail here and there and pulls out. Makes you wonder with that mentality whether he can get another job in the PL though. Wrong attitude for me, but some sucker will hire him,we hired Bruce after all.

Norwich are unstoppably going down, but Dean Smith will bring them straight back up again, no bother.

1 minute ago, brummie said:

Norwich are unstoppably going down, but Dean Smith will bring them straight back up again, no bother.

Great…another season bouncing back [emoji38]

When was the last time they stayed up longer than 1 season?

8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

They managed three on the bounce between 2011-14. Grant Holtcyon days. 

Paul Lambert brought a 49 year old Grant Holt in to play for us for a season.

When he joined, Lambert said to the press "He's a real man".

We all looked at each other quizzically, with a sense of "this guy is fucking nuts".

11 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

They managed three on the bounce between 2011-14. Grant Holtcyon days. 

The one and only time I have ever placed a bet on a football match was Norwich against Newcastle, Carrow Road, 2011. Even watched the game with a few mates at the Victory on whatever moderately legit Albanian coverage they had at the time. I thought, why the hell not, we can do this, Grant Holt may very well be in good form but we've got a manager who knows a thing or two about full backs. Aye, who better than to man mark man-mountain (and future wrestler) Grant Holt in central defence than non other than Danny chuffing Simpson. I think we all know what happened next. 

Fuck you, Alan Pardew, fuck you. A phrase that can never, ever be said enough. 

2 hours ago, brummie said:

Paul Lambert brought a 49 year old Grant Holt in to play for us for a season.

When he joined, Lambert said to the press "He's a real man".

We all looked at each other quizzically, with a sense of "this guy is fucking nuts".

:lol:

2 hours ago, number37 said:

The one and only time I have ever placed a bet on a football match was Norwich against Newcastle, Carrow Road, 2011. Even watched the game with a few mates at the Victory on whatever moderately legit Albanian coverage they had at the time. I thought, why the hell not, we can do this, Grant Holt may very well be in good form but we've got a manager who knows a thing or two about full backs. Aye, who better than to man mark man-mountain (and future wrestler) Grant Holt in central defence than non other than Danny chuffing Simpson. I think we all know what happened next. 

Fuck you, Alan Pardew, fuck you. A phrase that can never, ever be said enough. 

Ah, the Simpson at centre back experiment. What could possibly have gone wrong?

Much like Bigi on the wing...