The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

Does anyone know if the rumour that Gerrard likes to keep a kipper under his pillow for luck before each game he manages is true or not? Most bizarre one I've heard in a while for football superstition behaviour, but it has done well for him at Rangers it seems. And I presume he will keep doing it at Villa.

22 minutes ago, Gavin400 said:

Why are people not talking about Bruce to Rangers. Tons of experience and nice bloke.

Bruce wouldn’t survive a month up there, first night in the chipper.. “a battered mars bar!?!?!? What witchcraft is this?!?”

His arteries would be fully clogged up within 3 weeks.

You lot go on about Bruce and how awful he was here, and how depressing the whole episode was.

We had him in the Championship, which meant he used to roll out - three times a week - his catchphrase, "That's the Championship" (message being: I know the Championship).

Shit. Just coughed up some sick thinking about it.

Remember when I said the media would be insufferable about Gerrard? :lol:

Well it's started already. Apparently we are kicking ourselves for not getting him instead of Howe and getting Gerrard would have been met with scenes similar to Keegan's homecoming!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: 

What on earth that is based on I will never know, but I am just so happy we didn't end up with one of these media darlings that get fawned over by the press, so over that mess we experienced with Bruce.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10192591/Steven-Gerrard-Aston-Villa-perfect-fit-Newcastle-blew-chance-appointing-him.html

4 hours ago, hakka said:

Does anyone know if the rumour that Gerrard likes to keep a kipper under his pillow for luck before each game he manages is true or not? Most bizarre one I've heard in a while for football superstition behaviour, but it has done well for him at Rangers it seems. And I presume he will keep doing it at Villa.

sounds a bit fishy that 

From what I've read and heard this week about Gerrard, he doesn't actually do fuck all, he's just a figure head for the coaching team, gives a team talk before the game, a bollocking at halftime then takes all the glory when they win.

1 minute ago, Ben said:

From what I've read and heard this week about Gerrard, he doesn't actually do fuck all, he's just a figure head for the coaching team, gives a team talk before the game, a bollocking at halftime then takes all the glory when they win.

If he’s taking the same staff then that’ll be fine.

Gerrard’s a very good appointment and would have been happy with him here. He brings a good all round package in my opinion.

He has the excellent Michael Beale who gets rave reviews everywhere he goes, he undoubtedly has great leadership and respect and will attract players due to his profile.

Excellent appointment for Villa who will be used as a stepping stone if he does well, the difference is where not a stepping stone club anymore and Eddie is undoubtedly the best fit for us at present.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/michael-beales-rangers-managerial-credentials-22120965

Edited by Whitley mag

6 hours ago, KaKa said:

Well it's started already. Apparently we are kicking ourselves for not getting him instead of Howe and getting Gerrard would have been met with scenes similar to Keegan's homecoming!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: 

What on earth that is based on I will never know, but I am just so happy we didn't end up with one of these media darlings that get fawned over by the press, so over that mess we experienced with Bruce.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10192591/Steven-Gerrard-Aston-Villa-perfect-fit-Newcastle-blew-chance-appointing-him.html

It’s Martin Samuel. Ignore the cave troll. 

6 hours ago, KaKa said:

Staveley dissed Sports Direct. Samuel doing a hatchet job for his mate in response. Standard. 

11 hours ago, brummie said:

You lot go on about Bruce and how awful he was here, and how depressing the whole episode was.

We had him in the Championship, which meant he used to roll out - three times a week - his catchphrase, "That's the Championship" (message being: I know the Championship).

Shit. Just coughed up some sick thinking about it.

I see the talksport oracle, Simon Jordan, has said that Dean Smith’s success was built on what Steve Bruce did. [emoji38]