The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

23 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I just like having a laugh at them and don’t see it any deeper than that honestly, they will be totally fine. I enjoy teams I don’t like doing badly. It’s enjoyable to me. I think it’s fine they are protesting and im glad that they have finally jumped off their high horse O0

Think there's a lot of hyperbole about the Everton situation too, they're basically just on a bad run of form. They had Ancelotti and one of the best starting 11s in the league last season, I don't see that as the owners ruining the club and the sport, like [emoji38]

Not going to lie I'd not stop laughing for a week if they go down. Football is about petty hatreds and rivalries.

34 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Not going to lie I'd not stop laughing for a week if they go down. Football is about petty hatreds and rivalries.

Absolutely this…

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

'First they came for Leeds and I did nothing, because I don't like Leeds'

You could say the same about here, or RTG, or any forum. OTT Tribalism's killing any fan solidarity, in the same way it's happening in wider society. Clubs being ruined left right and centre, with fans of other clubs going 'lol, fuck you' either not realising or not caring that they're on the same menu.

…and also this. But it’s not the tribalism itself that’s killing football. The tribalism IS football. It’s the lack of parity, gulf between top and bottom, and disconnect from the community.

We used to have OTT tribalism to the point where we were having pitched battles and organized rumbles. Now we piss and moan on the internet. I’m not convinced that the percentage of people that want their rivals to just not exist is any different than it was.

It’s just all broken. A couple of weeks ago I heard people on here talking about how they kinda liked West Ham right now. The club that basically got given a stadium on the taxpayers’ dollar, and in the process broke league rules and nearly obliterated Leyton Orient. Fuck them forever.

Growing up a football fan in London is instructive. We were mainly Spurs and Arsenal (and fucking Liverpool) in North London. I used to play footy on Stepney Green with loads of West Ham fans. At a certain level, the solidarity between grassroots fans will always be there, along with the tribalism. I will always remember dancing with and hugging an Arsenal fan at work when Campbell scored that (disallowed) goal against Argentina. Both the tribalism and the solidarity are there from day one.

Dunno if I can boil it down to a point. I guess that every team has at least two identities. The club itself, and the fans. They just seem to be further and further apart than ever.

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

The fact that post Ferguson they’ve still won major trophies and had ECL qualification shows they’ve been spoilt as that’s an acceptable level of success for any sensible thinking fan. It’s  perfectly reasonable for another fan base to point that out to them.

From my experience it has been opposition fans saying our performances have been unacceptable. 

35 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Absolutely this…

…and also this. But it’s not the tribalism itself that’s killing football. The tribalism IS football. It’s the lack of parity, gulf between top and bottom, and disconnect from the community.

We used to have OTT tribalism to the point where we were having pitched battles and organized rumbles. Now we piss and moan on the internet. I’m not convinced that the percentage of people that want their rivals to just not exist is any different than it was.

It’s just all broken. A couple of weeks ago I heard people on here talking about how they kinda liked West Ham right now. The club that basically got given a stadium on the taxpayers’ dollar, and in the process broke league rules and nearly obliterated Leyton Orient. Fuck them forever.

Growing up a football fan in London is instructive. We were mainly Spurs and Arsenal (and fucking Liverpool) in North London. I used to play footy on Stepney Green with loads of West Ham fans. At a certain level, the solidarity between grassroots fans will always be there, along with the tribalism. I will always remember dancing with and hugging an Arsenal fan at work when Campbell scored that (disallowed) goal against Argentina. Both the tribalism and the solidarity are there from day one.

Dunno if I can boil it down to a point. I guess that every team has at least two identities. The club itself, and the fans. They just seem to be further and further apart than ever.

There has always been a gulf between the top teams and the rest, what i think is worse now is that the corruption between the associations running football to keep the status quo.

It's repugnant. And out in the open at this point in time, nobody seems to care, least not the clubs in or around us, they seem happy to play second fiddle and let the bigger clubs set rules which prevent them from ever being more than what they are.

If we manage to stay up, this league will never be the same. Man Utd will have to be content feeding off the scraps of us, Man City and Chelsea. If they miss out on the CL this season they'll be dipping into their overall revenue, that can't last forever. And more importantly, they won't be able to call the shots for much longer

Just now, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Good on him, he’d be mad to go to Goodson and take that job on. I’m liking Rooney the none player, I liked him as a player of course in terms of rating his game, but not as a person. I hope he proves himself to be a good young coach as our game needs more and more from these shores.

Better bet than Pereira. Lampard will likely motivate them enough to stay up imo. He is decent with younger players and might get a bit more respect with the older ones than he did at Chelsea. They will be hounding him out in 12 months though. 

They seem very happy about this on GOT. Have to say, I don’t think they’ll go down under him and it is a shame that they’re not all divided anymore. That Portuguese fella was 100% taking them down.